Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a market leader in providing software solutions for world's largest telecommunications, entertainment, and media service providers. Our respected client is seeking a business-oriented individual for the job of Product Owner. The job is located in BGC, Taguig City, Philippines.
The Product Owner leads the feature/ product scope, ensuring that product requirements/ customer needs are met. Responsible for defining, prioritizing, and maintaining the backlog based on business value, and leads the ongoing work with product owners/ development/scrum teams/etc. throughout the entire product/project lifecycle.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Backlog grooming and planning - Gathers and understands business requirements, translates business requirements or product roadmap into manageable backlog, documents the epics/features/stories; Builds the backlog (creation, prioritization and breakdown), details features and changes in scope requirements; Responsible for all functional and non-functional aspects, including defining clear 'acceptance' criteria; Consults with customer/ product manager and multiple stakeholders across all working streams; Participates in estimations, definition and/or refinement for projects, features, epics and stories.
- Release/PI Planning - Takes an active part in the PI/ Release planning, conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every Release/PI and Sprint/ Iteration; Prioritizes backlog and supports the Release/PI planning and Sprint/Iteration planning.
- Execution and Support - Supports the development/scrum teams and provides ongoing early feedback, business clarifications, adjustments for risk, reprioritizations, changes in scope and approves 'done' stories; Reviews and approves all design gaps and/or enhancement suggestions driven by relevant stakeholders (external and/or internal); Takes an active part in all planning and retrospective activities.
- Leads the scope items under her/his domain throughout the project/ product lifecycle; Represents the customer/product manager, aligns, and connects all stakeholders, creates business value and ensures the team is building the right solution and delivering the expected items; Provides ongoing feedback to Product management and other stakeholders to ensure requirements are met. Leads and facilitates internal/external sessions, challenges business requirements and obtains stakeholder approval of the proposed product/solution; Works entails a high degree of ambiguity, complexity, and enterprise reach.
- Owns and/or supports product/solution implementation readiness activities such as training, documentation, and so on.
Key Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering. MBA (Optional)
- At least 6 years' experience in design, development, or delivery of a product/solution
- Business oriented view
- Experience in end-to-end functionality/specs definition, including design, scope changes and prioritization
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience working under pressure, in decision making, and leading cross domain/application tasks
- Experience in the management of multiple stakeholders and negotiation