Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting is recruiting on behalf of an international securities and investment service provider. The company has operated under one of the leading European banks which has been listed as one of the five largest banks in the world. This banking company has initially provided financial service to corporate and institutional customers before recently planning to spin off their business into securities field which targeted to retail and wealth customers
This position will be responsible for managing five departments including finance and accounting, day-to-day operation, relationship manager, administration, and risk control departments. This person needs to run the overall operation in the company focusing on front, middle and back-office functions. This person is also responsible for ensuring the smooth of internal working process and ensuring all of the compliance in the company is aligning with regulatory and company's policy.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations (finance and regulatory reporting, operational / admin functions, operational risk control)
- Ensure compliance with Bank's policies, procedures, internal control framework and local regulatory guideline / requirement
- Establish, review and improve on an ongoing basis, all internal processes to drive efficiency, mitigate risks and manage costs
- Manages relationship with local regulators, external auditors in conjunction with CEO and Compliance as needed
- Interlocutor between onshore Thailand and offshore WM SG ensuring continued high level of service to Thailand clients whilst ensuring effective risk governance
- Monitor and manage service providers to ensure adherence to service level standards as specified in SLAs negotiated
- Responsible for / coordinate transversal projects esp. for Territory-led projects, in close cooperation with Territory teams and WM SG, to ensure strict adherence to Territory / Group / regulatory requirements.
- Drive or actively contribute to transformation projects to support business growth.
- Be the Data Protection officer
- Be responsible for the business continuity planIn charge of premises and other logistics matters, in coordination with APAC / Territory teams. In initial phase, ensure proper coordination with Territory COO
- Partner HR to develop talent and build culture and diversity
Staff Training, Communication, Conduct:
- Ensure that employees under purview complete their mandatory training on expected standard of conduct (e.g. code of conduct, conflicts of interest, AML/CFT etc.) on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the organization's desired conduct standard are cascaded down to employees under purview through communication e.g. sharing of lessons learn where misconduct has occurred.
- Stay vigilant in order to detect and mitigate fraud/misconduct and remediate where lapses occur.
- Contribute to the development of a sound operational risk management framework, and monitor the key operational risks as well as the remediation and preventive actions
- Contribute to the implementation and management of regulatory processes (KYC, AML, tax compliance…).
- Contribute to the budget process for the support teams and regularly monitor the service delivery as well as the cost discipline
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Leadership and management skills
- A team player with good initiative and team spirit
- Solution mindset oriented
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- University degree (CPA, Economics / Accounting degree)
- Knowledge in Securities Licensed business
- Relevant experience in bank and financial companies, in Finance / Operations / Audit