General Manager - Refinery (based in Kalimantan)
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading refinery in Indonesia. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 20 years' experience in refinery for the job of General Manager Refinery. The job is based in Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Direct report to the BOD
- Management of the operation of refinery factory daily
- Ownership of key plant targets (throughput, cost, quality and reliability)
- Operational and financial planning and control
- Creating and implementing company policies and systems
- Providing strategic direction to ensure successful operation and growth
- Fostering an environment of teamwork and collaboration in a culturally diverse team
- Regular liaison with the Group Executives with full accountability to the board for all company operations
- Representation of the company to clients and other relevant parties
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team
- Maintaining a hands-on approach to the day-to-day management of operations across the factory and infrastructure
- Work with significant personnel to implement systems and enforce new processes and procedures
- To implement strategies, review and set triggers to ensure KPIs and objectives are met in the operation team
- Assist to supervise the overall operations, maintenance, quality, HSE, security and set up a plant
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or similar qualification
- 20 years practice within the refineries / oleochemical / chemical manufacturing operations or related industries.
- Proven track record of strong leadership and stakeholder management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both Bahasa and English.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Able to effectively communicate with and work with individuals at all levels
- Able to provide successful leadership to a culturally diverse
- Possess excellent leadership abilities, interpersonal and communication expertise
- Capability to work in multicultural teams and under pressure and deadlines
- Willing to base in Kalimantan