Executive Recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting for an online payment company that provides merchants with a comprehensive and innovative range of services and solutions that eliminate payment complexities and make purchasing quick, seamless, and secure for consumers. Our respected client is seeking a confident and professional self-starter with effective client consultative skills, strong negotiation skills and ability to drive business opportunities for the job of Business Development Manager. The job is in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines and offers hybrid work arrangement.
The Business Development Manager is expected to:
- Lead business development initiatives for the company in collaboration with the local channel partner(s), with a focus on Independent Software Vendors (ISV), Fintech, Banking and FSI companies and other potential clients in need of a POS terminal solution.
- In charge of creating/identifying/opening new opportunities in collaboration with the local channel partner(s). He/she maintains and expands relationships with both the assigned partner(s) with the end-customer and is responsible for achieving sales growth and profitability objectives.
- Understand the market, identify end-customer requirements, market growth requirements, market trending, direction and needs, and define the appropriate solution offering and go-to-market strategy plus the scope of customer solutions covers the entire company's range of product, software and services.
Key job responsibilities include:
End-Customer opportunity scoping
- Screen potential business opportunities by analysing their market strategies, needs, goals and potential
- Engage with prospective stake holders to create opportunities and understand decision-making processes
- Build alliance business cases (partner value, incremental revenue, and resource requirements)
- Qualify and secure business opportunities, manage full sales cycle up to closing
- Prepare proposals to target partners that are quantifiable, defensible and focus on value proposition
- Prepare reports and strategies necessary to accomplish assigned tasks and country sales target
Partner management and collaboration
- Build, maintain, and manage long-term professional relationships with current and prospective partners
- Proactively lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives
- Collaborate with partners to develop sale proposals to the end-users
- Guide partners are continuously kept fully abreast of the company's capabilities and offerings
- Assess, clarify, and validate channel growth path on an ongoing basis, work with partners to develop solutions that answer their business needs and can help grow overall business pipeline
- Coordinate the involvement of relevant teams, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner expectations and performance objectives
- Address partner related issues, sales conflicts, and pricing issues in a timely manner.
- To become a product expert in all company's product range by minimal training/ guidance while to study all product offerings via available web resources and guidance from peers within/other department.
- Must stay current on the latest developments & competitors' offerings/ threats in the market, and stay ahead of the competition, such as market conditions and innovations.
- Must have in-depth knowledge on the company's product offerings, including the company's mission statement, corporate initiatives, and goals. Based on all information, they should make recommendations to clients based on their individual needs in accordance with the company's standards and terms.
Working with the organization
- Maintain continuous interactions with the Channel Sales, Marketing and Sales teams to ensure efficient execution of sales strategy
- Provide monthly reporting and forecasts on opportunities and pipeline, ensure accuracy of Sales Force data relating to all partners and opportunities
- Responsible for a multitude of administrative duties, such as keeping detailed client accounts that include contact information, order preferences, history, and other pertinent details via Sales Force System on consistent basis.
- Must work closely with Channel Sales Manager, Sales Heads to calculate projected sales and make up budgets and objectives for the sales department.
- To manage, maintain, and provide reports, forecasting and opportunity status updates including sales data for each individual employee, client, territory and/or company by reference to Sales Force System on consistent basis.
- To manage AR collection and ensuring timely AR collection within due date.
- Management and monitoring with all internal stakeholders on related sales project from initial till closure stage in ensuring all project deliverables are fulfilled in a structured and timely manner.
- Manage and facilitate all Legal & Commercial Contract management for the relevant sales project with close liaison with the company's Group Legal & Finance.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Channel Sales Manager/Country MD from time to time
Key job requirements include:
- Experience selling IT/technology services and solutions with a good understanding of the payment, banking and fintech industry
- Strong sales and marketing experience with proven aptitude in commercial negotiation and closing at all levels of management, including in multi-country business organizations
- Experience building and cultivating relationships with strategic external partners
- Proactive and creative approach to sourcing new clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and propose solutions both from a technical and business standpoint, translating technical language to non-technical audiences
- Experience developing a pipeline and working it to increase win/loss ratios and closure rates
- Business insight and strategic vision, with an ability to understand, analyses and manage complex subjects
- Ability to develop client pitch decks and proposals from scratch and communicate compelling messages
- Self-starter able to manage priorities and work with a high degree of autonomy in a matrix organization
- Strong ability to coordinate effectively with people (internal/external)
- Excellent client facing skills and able to be credible to the key client contacts and decision makers
- Great ability to lead and execute project plans
- A strong team player and contributor to the success of the team
Languages: Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral) in Filipino and especially in English are required. Other regional languages are a plus.
Education qualifications / Experience requirements: Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Marketing or equivalent with minimum 3 years of experience in the POS terminal payment/banking industry