Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a global technology company who is delivering truly prominent IT solutions, IT Design, IT Management, Data Security, Business Reform, and Infrastructure Plan for enterprises. Due to the company's expansion to EMEA and Manila, our respected client is currently looking for an IT professional who has experience for the job of Operations Support Engineer II. The company is based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, that currently offers WFH arrangement with night shift work hours and devices/equipment will be provided.
This is an internal IT Operations role is responsible for level 2 support and administration of internal IT infrastructure. Common duties and responsibilities included with this role include:
- Perform 2nd level diagnosis and troubleshooting for infrastructure support issues.
- Utilize ITSM platform to manage and log all support issues.
- Provide backup support to all level 1 responsibilities by monitoring shared mailboxes, Microsoft Teams, and other communication methods used by other teams to report IT incidents to the IT Operations Team.
- Participate as a backup to the level 1 team in the phone support queue leveraged by other IT teams to report infrastructure issues.
- Complete various IT MACD type requests.
- Create and maintain IT support documentation including knowledgebase articles.
- Escalate and track major infrastructure incidents.
- Assist other IT towers with infrastructure maintenance activities including systems patch management.
- Follow problem management processes to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in the environment.
- Provide project assistance as needed with other IT towers.
- Mentor Operations Support Technicians to assist with skills development.
What you'll need:
- 1 year of experience working in an IT event handling/NOC role with intermediate proficiency
- 2 years of technical phone support experience with intermediate proficiency
- 3 years of experience working with ITSM tools with intermediate proficiency
- 2 year of vendor ticket management experience with intermediate proficiency
- 2 years of experience working in an IT support or administration role with intermediate proficiency
- 3 years of experience supporting at least two of the following technologies:
- Windows server management
- Linux Server management
- VMWare virtualization management
- Storage management
- Network management
- Cisco VOIP management
- 2 years of basic network support experience.
- Cisco, CompTIA, or Microsoft certification
- ITIL Framework certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer engineering and other computer related studies, ECE or IT related field, from four-year College or University preferred.