Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a market leader in providing software solutions for world's largest telecommunications, entertainment, and media service providers. Our respected client is seeking an information technology (IT) professional for the job of Software Developers (Java and C++). The job is located in BGC, Taguig City, Philippines but offers a WFH set-up until further notice.
A Software Developer is responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base. Maintains ownership for the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, locating bugs, and tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction. Engineers are responsible for providing resolution to issues within the parameters of contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional, and technical design specifications.
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- You will work within a team, collaborate, and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
Key Job Requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): JAVA or C++, Shell Scripts/LINUX , UNIX, SQL.
- At least 1-8 year(s) of relevant working experience in the related field is required for this position specializing in IT/Computer - Software development, operations or equivalent.
- Applicants must be willing to work on a Dayshift, in Ortigas, Pasig or BGC, Taguig City
- Preferably with Telecom background and work experience.
Why will you love about this job?
- You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.