Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a market leader in providing software solutions for world's largest telecommunications, entertainment, and media service providers. Our respected client is seeking an information technology (IT) professional for the job of Software Support Specialist (Java, J2EE). The job is located in BGC, Taguig City, Philippines.
A Software Support Specialist is responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base. Maintains ownership for the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, locating bugs, and tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and reproduction.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering expertise to fix, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations, to ensure that the product/solution performs within efficient design specifications.
- Investigate, debug, and reproduce issues, provide fixes and workarounds, and verify changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution.
- Analyze production issues from the business and application/code perspective and outlines corrective actions.
- Technical focal point with other teams to resolve cross product/solution issues.
- Ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provide technical support and mentorship in problem resolution for complex issues.
- Bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to software or business processes by utilizing Software Engineering tools, various innovations and techniques and the reuse of existing solutions.
- Contribute in meeting various SLA's and critical metrics to guarantee that tasks are completed on time and the delivery timelines meet the quality targets of the organization.
- Onboard new employees and train them on processes and collaboration with team members. Take active role in team building, including technical mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Partner with internal/external customers to improve the understanding of customer problems and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
Key Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- 5 years' experience as a Software Support Engineer
- Prime Skill: Java, J2EE
- Complex coding, Experience in complex function design, faster analytical skill, eye scanning debugging of the code for syntax errors. Building a quick playbook of scenarios for a given problem. Providing simple workarounds for complex defects.
- Must have skills: Unix, SQL, C++, Phyton
Site: The candidate should be amenable to both BGC and Ortigas sites.
Shift: Regular 9 am-6 pm but should be amenable to extend if needed