Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading professional services firm that provides audit, tax, and other business services. The client is looking for an experienced CPA in the field of external audit. The job is based in Makati City, Philippines.
The Audit Manager leads client audit engagements, which include planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits providing assurance services to our portfolio of international and local clients.
- Provides management over a portfolio of clients and delivers high-quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Achieves team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives.
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection, and variance recognition.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of engagement proposals that are consistent with the Firm's quality standards
- Supervises the planning of engagements which includes the assessment of audit risks and tailoring of audit procedures for audit jobs and staffing plans for all types of engagements
- Ensures that engagements-including the use of specialists, staff from other offices, and assistance from the Technical Standards Group-are properly planned and coordinated
- Prepares working papers and analyzes those that cannot be handled at an in-charge or staff assistant's level
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to staff assistants, including field in-charges, and ensures that such duties and responsibilities are carried out properly and in accordance with the Firm's quality standards
- Conducts regular site visits to ensure that the engagement team receives adequate supervision and observes proper protocol in dealing with clients
- Ensures that the work of specialists-including corporate finance, tax, and valuation services-is in accordance with requirements set for them and properly reviewed
- Conducts meetings or, when the engagement partner is present and opts to preside, assists the engagement partner in conducting meetings (with the engagement team and/or client team)
- Provides timely feedback and updates to the engagement partner regarding the progress of the engagement
- Brings to the engagement partner's attention appropriate matters/issues (with suggested resolutions) that require his attention and decision
- Reviews deliverables such as income tax returns, financial statements, audit reports for financial audits, and reports on findings and recommendations; ensure the timely completion of such deliverables
- Ascertains that the engagement documentation is complete and appropriately reviewed; and supports the report that will be issued
- Supervises the cleaning up and archiving of working papers within the prescribed period for archiving
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to him by the Engagement Partner or as may be required by the nature of engagement
- Thinks strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Participates in developing ways to meet client needs, and contributes to proposal delivery.
- Identifies ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Establishes a good working relationship with the officers and staff of every client
- Keeps a close business and social relationship with the clients while keeping independence in appearance and in fact as required by the Code of Ethics of CPAs
- Keeps clients aware of significant development in accounting standards and other areas that affect their businesses
- Attends to clients' queries and requests
- Exhibits professionalism and good conduct in dealings with clients, prospects, and non-clients
- Ensures that every in-charge and staff assistant's time is utilized productively and efficiently during and after engagements
- Provides timely feedback to assistants about their job performance, i.e., their strong and weak points and how they can improve
- Accomplishes and discusses Performance Review Reports (PRRs) with Engagement In-charge immediately after every engagement
- Reviews and approves staff assistants' PRRs, which Engagement In-charges accomplish
- Participates in an annual performance review process/deliberations on the overall performance of in-charges and staff assistants
- Ensures that clients are billed on a timely basis and prompt payment is achieved
- Submits an accurate time report in a timely manner
- Ensures that in-charges and assistants working on his engagement submit accurate time reports
- Approves reimbursable expenses, overtime, and time reports of in-charges and staff in a timely manner
- Reviews the time charges regularly to ensure that these are within budget and to provide explanations for those exceeding budget
- Assists partners in pursuing new clients or jobs with existing clients
- Assists the partner in collecting receivables
- Reviews reports and deliverables of other engagement teams when requested in accordance with the quality control policies and procedures of the Firm
Key job requirements include:
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 6 years of external audit experience, three years of which are at the supervisory level
- Ideally with exposure to different industries
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques