Deputy Finance Controller
Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a total entertainment company. Our respective client is looking for a Deputy Finance Controller who will be responsible in handling finance and accounting functions which includes controlling, budgeting, reporting, financial planning and analysis, management information system and taxation. This role will be reporting to the Finance Controller and CFO. This is on Hybrid work set-up in Pasig City with the following work schedules: (Monday is work from home, Tuesday - Friday is onsite with compressed work hours of 9am-7:30pm).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with regular reportorial requirements for a publicly-listed company.
- Handling the finance and accounting functions namely controlling, budgeting, reporting, financial planning and analysis, management information systems, and tax.
- Safeguard timely and accurate monthly closing and reports/elevates adjustments.
- Organize and present monthly management reports and financials. (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, Sales and Operating Expenses (analysis of factors that are impacting the business) Reports
- Analyze variances.
- Conclude the roll out and utilization of SAP system.
- Promote and follow the finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Administer accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
- Document & improve existing policies and procedures to support the current business and future business growth.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales & Marketing and Operations to ensure IT systems are client- and operations-friendly and capture all necessary accounting data.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 8 years work experience in accounting and comptroller functions and at least 3 years managerial role.
- Must have had experience in a publicly listed company in telco industry.
- Tech-savvy, able to work with systems and manipulate large amounts of data.
- Must have experience working with regulators (SEC, PSE, BIR, SSS, HDMF, SEC) and their reporting requirements.
- With strong background in financial and tax reports.
- Ability to work independently with statutory and regulatory reporting background
- With SAP knowledge
- Must have proven knowledge of bookkeeping, Philippine accounting principles, standards, laws, and regulations (IFRS)
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and with strong personality
- Distinctive communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Flexible and resourceful in challenging and changing situations
- Must be willing to work in Pasig City in a Hybrid work set-up (Monday is work from home, Tuesday - Friday is onsite with compressed work hours of 9am-7:30pm)