General Manager QHSE - Power Plant (Central Java)
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading national company with a core focus on power plant. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 20 years' experience in QHSE in a power plant company for the job of General Manager QHSE. The job is based in Central Java, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Direct reporting to the Operation Director
- Provide hands on support to plants in establishment and improvement of Quality, Safety, Health, and Environment management systems to identify and manage significant sustainability risks in operations
- Implement Sustainability standards, programs, and metrics for every Company facility in Area in a manner that is aligned with industry standards and that supports Company's overall sustainability and regulatory goals
- Provide on-site support, at power plant site and other facilities to document and ensure baseline compliance with the standards, programs, and metrics
- Proactively implement sustainability, regulatory compliance programs and projects for properties under management (power plant site for Company and TRAD products)
- Initiate advisory on issues of occupational health and safety, environment, and sustainability to ensure company policy and standards and/or statutory requirements are met.
- Initiate research to maintain a current knowledge base of relevant legislation; ensuring appropriate stakeholders are aware of relevant changes and the impact on current organization activities
- Audits and Inspections: Identify, assess, and manage significant sustainability/QHSE risks that have the potential to disrupt business and or affect legal and other requirements and emergency preparedness and response. Participate in plant and mine audits and report outcomes and assist sites to make improvement plans as needed.
- Practical, hands on support sites in preparation, maintenance of legal, environmental, permitting compliance timetable requirements (e.g., arranging for tests, and keeping on track) and risk assessment registers, on time and in full.
- Compile regular reports and participate in improvement plans preparation
- Bachelors in occupational health and safety or equivalent.
- Strong exposure in occupational health and safety experience, and technical knowledge
- Strong exposure in power plant site operation
- Practical knowledge and experience in the implementation and auditing of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO45001 (certified training by an approved training organization)
- Sound proven working knowledge of Occupational, Environment and product regulatory legislation related to mining
- Power Plant Permits and licenses to operate, experience in site permit requirements
- Analytical, report writing, pro-active problem solves
- High level communication skills
- Team player, excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of different cultures/work environments
- Languages: Good command of English and local language, both oral and in written is a must
- Sound working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health (OHS), Environment legislation related to manufacturing mining national and relevant international regulations for materials, chemicals, minerals, and other product related laws/regulations/ requirements.
- High capability to generate safety communication material and educate/train and motivate all levels of site participants, management, supervisors, employees, and contractors
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills across different cultures or work environments.