Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Technology Division is partnered and is recruiting on behalf of a leading restaurant technology start-up originally founded in New York city. Due to rapid growth and expansion, our distinguished client is currently seeking for an exceptional IT Support Engineer to join their growing team. The role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provide phone, email and slack support to client's employees
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of production application and general network troubleshooting
- Transition application issues to the engineering team and open and follow up with support tickets for IT Vendors we work with
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to engineering and managers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or similar. Extensive experience with Linux and Windows OS.
- At Least 2 years with operations and handling production support issues
- Basic network administration (WAN, LAN, DNS and DHCP)
- Working knowledge of basic network tools (ssh, ping, netstat, tcpdump, traceroute, mtr, iperf, etc.)
- Working knowledge of basic VoIP technologies
- Experience developing procedures and creating operations documentation Experience troubleshooting problems and deploying fixes and upgrades to production
- Knowledge of and/or working experience with Alerting tools and dashboards. We use Grafana, Kibana, and Auvik.
- Must be able to work night shift and be flexible to work off-hours and weekends if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in person, by telephone, and with teams
- Must be able to communicate in English and Mandarin Chinese