Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading homegrown financial services company, offering consumers technology-enabled solutions and a wide range of financial products and services. The insurance company is in search of a Legal and Compliance Officer with expertise in both compliance and corporate secretary roles. The job is based in BGC, Taguig City, Philippines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Head of L&C in managing risk exposure by ensuring compliance mainly with Anti-Money Laundering, Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act, and Data Privacy Act with all their respective pertinent laws, rules, and regulations issued by the relevant government bodies and entities;
- Develop policies and procedures that will ensure alignment of Singlife Philippines' ("Company's") standards, policies, and practices with pertinent laws, rules, and regulations;
- Monitor possible areas of compliance risk and implementing corrective action plans for the resolution of current and potential problems;
- Handle reporting and ensure that proper and timely reporting is being done to pertinent government body/ies or entity/ies of any breaches and possibly liaise with said pertinent government body or entity (as directed and guided by the Head of L&C) to discuss any outstanding issues or concerns;
- Formulate and roll out of AML, FATCA, and DPA educational materials and sessions to ensure continuous learning of Company's employees, directors, and shareholders; and
- Perform other compliance work as may be directed by the Head of L&C from time to time.
- Perform the tasks of a corporate secretary, which mainly requires (but not limited to):
- drafting of minutes of the Shareholders and Board of Directors' meetings;
- maintenance of corporate documents and records;
- maintenance of reliable tracking system for substantive meeting topics and agenda and ensure that any comments from shareholders/board are properly addressed or implemented by Management;
- organizing shareholders, board, and board committee meetings;
- assist with onboarding of new shareholders and directors;
- assist in maintaining communication between shareholders/directors and Management; and
- such other tasks in relation with the above that may be assigned by the Head of L&C from time to time.
- Maintenance and updating of contracts and documents inventory and list;
- Monitor, update and disseminate new laws, rules, regulations, and circulars issued by the AMLC, NPC, IC, BSP, SEC, and DOLE, among others;
- Take note of and alert relevant functional units to file and report all L&C related filings (only) to pertinent government bodies/entities; and
- Such other tasks in relation with the above that may be assigned from time to time.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Legal Management, Political Science, or any other related courses
- Must be a college graduate, preferably mass communication, management course, business administration, or legal management (an advantage)
- At least 5 years of experience in AML, FATCA, and data privacy compliance with intermediate knowledge of said fields;
- Experience in paralegal, audit, or risk work is an advantage;
- Well versed in English, both written and spoken (accuracy in grammar will be evaluated);
- Digitally savvy (in terms of maintaining and creating documents online and using tech)
- Must be extremely organized and able to efficiently multi-task; &
- Resourceful, proactive and works well with others.