Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia is recruiting on behalf of a leading provider of medical devices and life science equipment across Asia. Our distinguished client is looking for an ambitious and experienced professional to join the team as a Regional Compliance Officer to oversee the overall compliance of operations across Southeast Asia.
You will be responsible for implementing internal controls and overseeing a comprehensive compliance initiative spanning countries across Southeast Asia and India. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Collaborate closely with senior management to assess business risk and perform gap analysis.
- Train, develop, and standardize internal controls and compliance tools according to industry best practices for various business units within the organization, ensuring uniform risk management procedures. This may involve:
- Reviewing and revising policy documents.
- Standardizing and digitizing compliance training, testing, and certification for both internal staff and third parties.
- Establishing or standardizing procedures for reporting grievances, conducting investigations, and submitting compliance reports.
- Collaborating across departments to standardize Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and internal controls.
- Creating a framework for compliance audits across the organization.
- Lead thorough investigations into potential violations and ensure timely resolution of corrective actions.
- Oversee the compliance auditing process, including preparing audit reports and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Provide approval and practical solutions for operational issues with compliance implications.
- Support due diligence reviews for new acquisitions.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and managing various audit and compliance projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in corporate compliance within the healthcare industry, private equity or investment banking. Regional expertise is advantageous.
- Proficient in established compliance frameworks, regulations, and authorized Continuing Medical Education (CME) and marketing arrangements involving hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers is essential.
- Knowledgeable about pertinent laws and regulations regarding anti-bribery and corruption, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Anti-Bribery laws, and Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
- Skilled in utilizing digital tools for facilitating compliance activities, such as online training, testing, and certification.
- Demonstrated ability to offer practical business advice and to align business requirements while maintaining a realistic balance among competing priorities.
- Possess independence, proactiveness, and the capability to work effectively with minimal supervision, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.