Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a professional online gaming company in the country.
Our respective client is looking for a Director Level role in the field of Research and Development who will oversee the general functioning and direction of the new sector under Technology Business Unit, working in close partnership with the other sectors such as the administration, and other departmental leaders and business units, to ensure that the new sector is recognized internally and externally for the job of Research & Development Director.
The Research & Development Director is expected to be the overall in-charge of the new sector of Technology Business Unit and lead our talented professionals of developers. He or she will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. The job is in BGC, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines and has an onsite working arrangement.
- The Research and Development Director, therefore he or she must be functionally bilingual. Able to speak or understand mandarin is a plus.
- Develop an overall product strategy and product roadmap.
- Work with the CTO to deliver products and services at agreed intervals.
- Watch external industry change and manage its integration into the business including threats and opportunities.
- Focus on customers and metrics to ensure the positioning and innovation of the roadmap.
- Create an actionable insights report for the board of directors including ROI / Impact.
- Overall responsibility for new product development, product performance and compliance including but not limited to regulatory requirements
- Hire and develop talented technology professionals globally across various technologies.
- Overall management of technical operations for developer teams, including management of a diverse team of skilled technology professionals
- Able to lead the team to meet deliverables and drive work to completion within specified timelines.
- Provides mentorship and guidance across the team.
- Primary Skills: Strategy, Communication and Organization.
- PhD or Master's degree in a related field (e.g. Information Technology, Mathematics)
- In depth understanding of Agile or Scrum concepts and how to adopt these to the business applications.
- Hands on experience working with open source and relevant technologies like Java, Python, PHP, MySQL, Angular, React, AWS.
- 10+ years of experience in research and development or a related field, with a proven track record of success in managing projects and teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong ability to analyze complex data and identify meaningful insights.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to understand or speak mandarin is a plus