Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is partnered with a global leader in engineering products and services. Our esteemed client develops and innovate products and solutions for processing plants in challenging industries. They are seeking for a Sales Engineer with experience in sales of rotating equipment and turbomachinery. The position will be based in Semenyih.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for service sales in generating and converting enquiries into profitable orders for the customers within their allocated territory.
Key job responsibilities include:
- To contribute to development of growth plans for his/her own customers/allocated territory, gain approval from Country Manager, and implement and execute these growth plans that align and support the overall growth strategy of the region - spares and retrofit to be given equal focus
- To plan and undertake regular customer visits, maximising enquiry generation and driving order intake to deliver the growth plan
- To sustain and develop customer relationships that he/she is responsible for and follow up all opportunities for all the installed pump base
- To create customer visit reports, providing feedback on customer maintenance plans, planned parts requirements, updates on pump installed base, pumps with poor MTBF and competitor activities, for review and action with the Regional Sales Manager
- To follow up all quotes in a timely manner with the customer and report updated information to the Country Manager for forecasting purposes.
- To take responsibility for their contributions to the RFC for Order Intake and Order Intake GP for the customers/allocated territory that he/she is responsible for
- To actively promote Retrofit with allocated customers and seek to identify opportunities, with the support of Retrofit Sales team and Regional Sales Manager
- To communicate frequently with the tendering teams and clarify open issues regarding enquiries and open tenders
- To support the Regional Sales Manager with customer visits to develop and maximise returns on win-back and white spot opportunities
- To contribute to the development of the APAC PRN Sales Organisation as required
- To adhere strictly to the company and national ESH regulations and operational procedures
- To contribute development of environmentally friendly products and solutions
- To participate and contribute to consultation process in health and safety related activities, where applicable
- To report all ESH potential and actual incidents to line manager or site ESH manager
- To help prevent and report any environmental and health and safety violations in the workplace
Key Job requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any relevant
- Good communication, negotiating, influencing and persuasion skills
- At least 2 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Experienced with Rotating Equipment and Turbomachinery (Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines, Compressors, Turboexpanders, Blowers, Fans) within related industries (O&G, Petrochemical, Power)
- Commercial acumen
- Strong relationship management skills, motivated and goal oriented
- Willingness to travel most of the working time
- Independent, flexible, and high adaptability to change
- Experience of implementing sales strategy
- Knowledge of export sales
- Financial/budget management
- Relevant experience on Pump Services & Electromechanical services (Motors & Generators) will be added advantage.