Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a worldwide leader in financial technology solutions and software.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer of the highest professional standing and a background in financial equity or derivatives products, market data feeds, trade lifecycle and FIX for the job of Senior Software Engineer - Trade Execution Team.
The Senior Software Engineer is expected be responsible for developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle. The job is in Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Key job responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality, re-usable and maintainable code, perform Unit / Integration Testing of assigned tasks within the agreed timelines.
- Develop and enhance core and client systems functionality, including algorithms, plug-in modules, API and GUI.
- Participate in Requirement gathering/clarification sessions, Mentor and assist other junior developers to finish their projects.
- Perform Code Reviews and ensure best practices are followed.
- Work in agile team environment and collaborate with internal teams (e.g: Product, Quality Assurance) to ensure smooth product delivery.
Key job requirements:
- Bachelor's degree on Computer Science or equivalent
- 4 to 7 years of JAVA coding experience.
- Firm understanding of Java 1.6 - 1.8 core APIs, including collections, multi-threading, XML, and middleware technologies.
- Proven hands-on design and implementation experience in high-volume, high- performance real-time systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work in Taguig area and on a flexible mid shift schedule
- Knowledge of financial equity or derivatives products, market data feeds, trade lifecycle and FIX.
- Knowledge of Swing, JMS, J2EE.