Executive search company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading provider of live video monitoring solutions and specialize in proactive and intelligent video monitoring technology that can significantly improve threat detection and police response. The client is looking for Senior Software Engineer with expertise in software design, analysis, and troubleshooting in a product development environment. The job is based in Ortigas, Pasig City, Philippines.
Software Development Manager primary responsibility is to build and enhance the company's strategic Solutions Product line.
The position will work with software developers, quality assurance, business analysts, solution architects and dev ops resources in an agile team and report to the Director of Software Development.
You are responsible for leading teams to design, develop, and deploy solutions, with the goal of improving the operations and growth of the company and the development team. You will work with Software Development leadership to improve and mature software development and deployment best practices processes.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Manage features through the agile software delivery methodology and deliver complex features with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers and business analysts in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities
- Work closely with engineers through product design, code and test for new product development
- Instill best practices and standards for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Epic and project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
- Career management and development of direct reports
- Remove obstacles, resolve issues, and manage risks with development team to deliver high quality, on time product deliver
- Operational Excellence and Production support. Ensure the tools, services and processes are development so the Production team can monitor and ensure 24x7 support of production services
Key job requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Computer Science/Information Technology, Physics or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in software design, analysis, and troubleshooting in a product development environment
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Managed a team of 5+ engineers
- Practical experience working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Solid software development background including understanding design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills