Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading provider of live video monitoring solutions and specializes in proactive and intelligent video monitoring technology that can significantly improve threat detection and police response. The client is seeking a Software Engineer II (Mid Software Engineer) with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in software design, analysis, and troubleshooting within a product development environment. The ideal candidate should have expertise in .Net Technology The job has a hybrid setup and is based in Ortigas, Pasig City, Philippines.
As a Software Engineer, you need to have experience in developing reliable and maintainable software for desktop and cloud applications using latest programming languages and frameworks. This role suits you if you are a fast learner with a passion for problem solving and software development and a highly motivated individual looking for career growth in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing various applications from the ground-up for supporting operations
- Improving system quality by identifying and resolving issues
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Communicating with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Participate in planning to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Train and mentor other Developers.
Key job requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Computer Science/Information Technology, Physics or equivalent
- Professional experience in software design, analysis, and troubleshooting in a product development environment. Preferably with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience writing high quality functional unit tests targeting high code coverage
- Experience following agile principles using Scrum or other agile frameworks
- Building, Troubleshooting, debugging skills & tools like Visual Studio
- Software development lifecycle with tools and version control system
- Experience in working with distributed remote teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Agility and comfort with changing requirements and frequent customer feedback
- Flexibility in work schedule (occasional night shift schedule)