Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of the largest container shipping line and vessel operator in the world. This is job is located in Pasay City on a hybrid set-up.
You will play a key role in growing Contract Logistics and get hands-on experience in leading Contract Logistics Solution Design for customer pursuits and new markets, and in driving standardization and proof of concept building for automation initiatives. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment driven by values, customers, and people orientation. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations and work with high-performing teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized, and rewarded.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Lead Contract Logistics Solution Design for customer pursuits that require advanced engineering know-how. Designs solutions for new markets (geographies / customers) jointly with business development & operations / operations excellence teams. Supports standardization & proof of concept building for automation initiatives, using methodology provided by global and regional teams for solutioning jointly, with continuous improvement mindset.
- Own Solution design, costing & pricing where necessary to personally take the lead to:
- Understand and preempt customer needs and integrate this insight into sustainable solution designs
- Develop detailed designs for the solution incorporating the scope of services, operating model, resource models, operating cost estimates, recommended selling price, estimated value for the client and draft P&L for Maersk
- Calculate warehouse size based on throughput and product data mainly provided as part of a customer RFQ
- Create warehouse process flows for key activities including receiving, put-away, picking, packing and dispatch to maximize productivity
- Calculate activity productivity targets to support resource and activity-based costing models
- Create warehouse throughput simulation models using industry leading software to visualize warehouse operations, throughputs, and alternatives
- Create warehouse layouts and engineering designs using AutoCAD software
- Capture core data and assumptions that are required to design, cost and price the solution for the customer This includes the process for capturing all customer insights that might be relevant for this pursuit or future upselling opportunities
- Maintain close links with LEAN and Business Process Engineering experts to ensure LEAN methodologies are transferred to new commercial opportunities within geo scope
- Be an active participant within the Global CL Solution Design Community:
- Capture and share knowledge / best practices throughout the organization to support short- and long-term success
- Speak up and share both supportive and critical views in a way that fosters a dynamic and engaging pursuit of continuous improvement
- Support development of automation proof of concepts
- Guide Solution design teams in regions on new business opportunities, i.e., RFP response, strategic cross country project focus, CAPEX, presentations materials, technical documentation, and support
- Drive knowledge sharing and capability building L&D activities for solution design in the wider organization, creating in-house talent pool with relevant People function support
- Customer obsessive approach to solutions design pre-empting needs and value creation opportunities
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Highly experienced in designing solutions for core Contract Logistics focus verticals
- Highly competent in creating warehouse layouts and simulation models using industry leading software and AutoCAD
- Skilled warehouse solution engineer who has deep understanding of making process changes on productivity and financials
- Exposure to working in warehouse or logistics operations including implementation
- Innovative in reaching conclusions and making recommendations based on limited and/or ambiguous data
- Excellent communication skills for stakeholder management both in a local and international setting
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the design of Contract Logistics solutions