Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting is recruiting on behalf of one of the world's leading non-life insurance businesses, providing a full range of insurance services, not only motor but also non motor products as well as other personal insurance products. The company operates in more than 30 countries worldwide.
This position will be mainly responsible for working as the leader of the accounting reporting team. You will be tasked with completingdaily operations and reporting tasks whilst maintaining accurate accounting records for each period. You will ensure all accounting processes are in accordance with the company's policy and OIC regulation
- Motivate and develop a high performing team through training and coaching employees; planning and assigning appropriate work; actively managing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolve conflicts or problems.
- Understand laws and regulations, including group policies and regulations, and ensure that policies and procedures of the department are following to them.
- Review and revise appropriately the policies and procedures.
- Review and improve the process and procedures for better efficiency of workplace.
- Establish effective communication with other departments for the purpose of transactions relevant to the department.
- Establish effective communication with managements and share all material information with them within appropriate time.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Manage, record and control all and accurate financial information of the company.
- General expense process
- Produce accurate financial reports, including, but not limited to financial statement, OIC report, RBC report, IBNR report, and ORSA report.
- Produce accurate information for consolidated accounting, group solvency, or other group data consolidation.
- Review and improve GL accounting system with support of IT team.
- Bachelor's degree or Higher in Accounting
- Minimum 7 years working experience in Accounting, with 2 years in supervisory level (in the insurance business is preferred) (Ex-auditor minimum 5 years)
- Experience of Non-life insurance is preferred
- Proven accounting experience in managerial level
- Good command of both spoken and written English. All reports and emails submitted in English.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communications skills
- Knowledge of IFRS17 is plus
- Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with standard accounting software packages