Executive search firm, Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading educational institution dedicated to excellence and recognized as a trailblazer in both secondary and higher education. The institution is committed to delivering progressive and practical education to foster global competitiveness. They are actively seeking a qualified Finance Manager with 1-3 years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role within a finance department, along with a Certified Public Accountant license. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing the entire finance operations, preparing comprehensive financial reports, and providing strategic recommendations to ensure the long-term success of the academic institution. This position requires an onsite setup and is based in Silay, Negros Occidental, Philippines.
The Finance Manager oversees the end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, suggest improvements to finance procedure and controls and offer advice to school management on strategies to maximize profits, securing long term success for the academic institution.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Prepares the enrolment and income projection of the school;
- Handles the books of accounts such as the Journal, General Ledger, Cash Disbursements book and Cash Receipts books;
- Processes all reports for payments;
- Monitors all financial transactions of the school. (Payables, Receivables, employee's benefits, loans, company insurance, students' insurance and employee's insurance);
- Prepares the Trial Balance and consolidates the Annual Budget of the school;
- Prepares the year-end financial reports for the Board of Directors and the external auditors
- Prepares proposed budget and monitors approved budget;
- Prepares monthly budget performance reports;
- Supervises the annual evaluation of the Business Office staff; and
- Prepare journal voucher of enrolment for the projection revenue every semester and send to the internal auditor
- Check the accuracy of the check vouchers for all accounts payable prepared by the accounts payable clerk, usually in weekly payments
- Check the accuracy of the payroll made by payroll check every 15th and end of the month
- Prepares the confidential payroll every 15th and end of the month
- Send Billing statement for the Tulong -Dunong grantees (CHED)
- Process TES liquidations and make follow up on the TES Funds
- Check collection reports, ORs versus deposit slip (pass book )
- Check the accuracy of petty cash funds (Receipts are intact and cash)
- Act as a cashier in the absence of cashier.
- Deposit collection in the absence of the cashier.
- Do other requirements need by the Government Agency (Filing of tax, etc)
- In charge of approving the promissory notes every exam time (monthly) and enrolment time.
- Supervise/attends to accounting staff queries/problem related to work
- Does other related work as may be assigned by the School Director, Auditing Office manila Legal & ASI etc.
Key job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with major in finance management, accounting, degree in Commerce, and other related course.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 1 year to 3 years of experience working in finance department as finance officer or supervisor;
- Proven experience as accounting supervisor or officer;
- Adept knowledge in accountancy, and other related procedures in finance;
- Knows how to use SAP or any related accounting system
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills either verbal or written