Executive recruitment firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a global supplier of transport and logistics services that offers a wide selection of transport service combinations and solutions. Our respective client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Network Engineer L3. The job is in Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers a Hybrid working arrangement.
As Network Engineer L3, you will be a strong technical specialist, knowing the ins and outs of networking, with 4 global Datacentres supporting 1200 Branch sites, you will spend most of your time providing the operational support to the Datacenter Network, but also solving the 3rd line network issues affecting our offices and warehouses in cooperation with our 2nd line Support Team. You will be following a rotating shift schedule in order to cover support for both APAC and AMER regions.
Key job responsibilities:
- Operating firewalls, routers, switches, wireless LAN controllers, proxies- maintenance and operational support. (Cisco Firepower and Cisco ASA)
- Optimize the network performance, and work closely with our Network Architects to ensure adherence to standards and policies.
- Handling both incidents and projects affecting the DC network.
- Maintaining our micro and macro segmentation security environment based on ACI and CSW
- Being an active Team Member contributing to the great atmosphere of support and knowledge sharing within our department.
- You will be the escalation point for the 2nd line support looking after our offices and warehouses.
Key job qualifications:
- Skilled Engineer specialised in multiple aspects of networking using primarily Cisco technologies.
- You have an IT degree or an equivalent education (CISCO certifications)
- Data Centre experience - 5+ years
- Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP stack and its internals as well as related troubleshooting tools (connectivity verification, packet capture etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with major router and firewall platforms; specifically, with Cisco ASR, Cisco Firepower, ASA & Nexus devices.
- Demonstrated experience with networking hardware platforms such as routers, switches and firewalls in a large enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise wireless networking in a large environment.
- Demonstrated experience with routing and switching protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and STP in a large enterprise environment.
- Platform specific technologies experience: Cisco ASR/Nexus, Cisco ISE, ASA/ Firepower
- Design and documentation experience.
- ACI and CSW experience will be an advantage
- You communicate effortlessly in English - both in speech and writing