Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of an award-winning digital platform home to over 7,000 premium newspapers and magazines. Our highly respected client is partnered with thousands of publishers to bring readers on-demand access to the stories that matter to them.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced QA Automation Expert of the highest professional standing and a background in testing web and mobile application platforms for the job of QA Automation Engineer.
The QA Automation Engineer is expected to be a meticulous and analytical thinker with excellent communication skills, good working knowledge of QA concepts and test strategies, and a passion for quality. The job is in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers a regular shift and a hybrid work arrangement.
Key job responsibilities:
- Design and execute effective test plans to ensure consistent high-quality product delivery
- Develop automation framework and maintenance of test automation suite
- Work closely with Product Management to understand new product requirements
- Communicate product quality issues, and collaborate with software development to accelerate issue resolution
- Perform ad-hoc testing for quick fixes and priority deployments for both web and mobile applications
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by management.
Key job requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related field
- 3+ years of QA automation experience
- Experience designing, maintaining, and extending automation frameworks for Web and Mobile-based applications using tools such as Selenium, Protractor, WebdriverIO, etc.
- Experience with Distributed version control systems such as GIT
- Experience in developing automation suite for native/hybrid mobile apps using tools such as Appium or native mobile frameworks
- Experience with Performance testing of APIs using JMeter (Nice to have)
- Experience in working with SQL databases, such as MySQL or others
- Experience in front-end and back-end application testing
- Experience in identifying test data requirements
- Strong knowledge of REST API and experience with REST API automation using tools like Postman, and Rest Assured.
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and automation testing best practices
- Strong independent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Worked as a part of an Agile team and participated in stand-ups, refinement, planning, and retrospective meetings
- Knowledge of Test Management tools like Test Rail, HP ALM, etc.
- Ability to estimate the story points and write well-formed test cases based on acceptance criteria
- Ability to report and track defects in JIRA or similar tool
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills