Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a well-established multinational company in the automotive and manufacturing industry.
The winning candidate will be responsible in securing and increasing profitable sales (Gross Profit/Sales) based on the company's product and service portfolio for the assigned regional and customer responsibility.
Goal of position:
- To deliver added value to the customer with an engineering-based sales approach including consideration of the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) (incl. Bearings and accessories, Condition Monitoring, Alignment, Balancing, Service contracts, Bearing Installations, Trainings, Failure Root Cause Analysis etc.), in order to differentiate from a commodity supplier.
- To provide competitive intelligence by interviewing customer and conducting market research (Google, Conventions, Networking etc.)
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators for sales (e.g., No. of customer visits, new customer acquisitions, Hit rate for opportunity pipeline, Net promoter score
- Achieve/overachieve sales objectives and implement strategies within defined region to grow existing and acquire new distribution network and end users by use of territory planning and market research.
- Pre-sales visit planning to create a clear objective of customer pain points, requirements, expectations, development needs etc.
- Maximize customer facetime, with cold calls where needed, with all departments (e.g., maintenance, production, purchasing and others) of selected customers on all hierarchical levels. Maintain and further develop the relationship with customers.
- Communicate the image of the company as a premium solution provider into the market.
- Pro-actively promote and sell the entire range of bearing and service products to the customer.
- Retrieve information from customers about development projects and schedules to request engineering support in a timely manner.
- Identify technical details by discussion on site with production, maintenance / engineering and purchasing department to offer suitable bearing and service supply.
- Handling of RFQs via the SAP EP1 system, follow up of purchase orders etc.
- Provide technical advice and expertise concerning bearing & service products to customers in order to convince them of the advantages of working with the company. Ensuring that the company meets the customer demands.
- Sell company's bearings, digitalization, condition monitoring and lubrication solutions and technical services to distributors, OEMs, and end-users.
- Prepare and submit a product and customer forecast / budget planning and collaborate with relevant departments (e.g., sector management, distribution management, customer service, supply chain management, key account management, engineering, product management etc.).
- Manage the opportunity pipeline to ensure maximizing the hit rate for RFQs.
- Handling of contractual documents in collaboration with legal department.
- Utilization of Saleforce.com (CRM system), input of visit reports, opportunities and updating fact sheets, asset information etc.
- Organize and conduct technical seminars (e.g., theoretic and practical product presentation, symposium, training etc.)
- Provide consistent high-standard service quality (pre- and after-sales) to customers.
- Achieve key performance indicators for sales within allocated budget.
- Mapping of end-users' equipment and entry into database.
- Ensure in time payments from customers.
- Ensure timely sharing of required information with executing internal and external departments.
- Liaise with regional office and global offices on technical matters.
- Utilize company's IT systems for HR related activities, account management (opening, credit terms etc.) and others.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electronic, Mechatronic, Production or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years of track record in both Sales and Service Engineering (e.g., industrial product sales, condition monitoring etc.)
- Know-how of and experience in bearing technology and / or service background is a plus (e.g., certification for vibration analysis)
- Background in relevant industries in SEA (e.g., Pulp & Paper, Metals, Mining, Cement, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage, Palm Oil, etc.)
- Previous exposure to new digitalization concepts (Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet of Things etc.)
- Strong understanding of specifics in industrial OEM business (e.g., design-in, product lifecycle management, cost down approach etc.) and MRO business (e.g., maintenance scheduling, equipment mapping etc.)
- Strong interest in sales, project management, customer-oriented hunter mindset.
- Computer literacy is a must (Windows & Microsoft applications, SAP, Salesforce.com).
- Outgoing, organized, proactive personality with can-do-attitude and entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
- Strong communication skills at all organizational levels as well as good communication skill in English (written and oral).
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.