Executive recruitment firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a US-based technology company that specializes in advanced technology solutions, securing the vital assets of demanding enterprises. They provide cost-effective solutions to military, intelligence, and federal agencies. Their extensive experience ensures output that meets exacting standards even under demanding conditions.
Our respected client seeks a System Developer - Lead (Java) who will manage the development activities of the project team. The responsibilities include developing and implementing software solutions based on a predefined set of guidelines and standards, as well as researching and leveraging emerging technologies. The job is located in Makati City, Philippines, and currently offers a work-from-home (WFH) arrangement. However, the office is open for those who prefer to work on site.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coaches and guides developers on software development languages, techniques, and methodologies.
- Reviews Requirements Detail Package (RDPs) and Visual Requirements Detail Package (VRDPs).
- Analyzes requirements and assesses impact on current functionalities.
- Assesses and provides estimates for the technical considerations and required of the project.
- Generates development plan.
- Creates and reviews technical design per ER.
- Creates document on research, implementation, deployment, configuration, etc.
- Sends the document for design review.
- Works collaboratively with various groups to identify issues and provide solutions. o Develops system requirements
- Creates application based on the agreed design and implementation.
- Participates in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process
- Ensures high quality of deliverables while using development and security best practices
- Provides updates on task progress
- Provides first level software development quality assurance.
- Presents completed tasks for code review.
- Assists the Software Architect in conducting code reviews.
- Identifies solutions to issues encountered during software development.
- Creates testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/automation geared towards ensuring quality of the product.
- Researches on new technology needed for development and evaluates relevance on the project.
- When needed, creates a prototype based on research conducted.
- Ensures that technology used is current and relevant to tasks.
- Reviews test cases provided by QA team.
- Provides support to the Software Architect/ Development Manager in performing general team duties.
- Manages projects with minimal supervision.
- Prepares accomplishment report for documentation and Project Manager monitoring.
- Works with Software Architect/ Development Manager
- Identifies specific goals and sets specific performance standards.
- Ensures that resources needed by team members are provided to carry out project tasks.
- Assesses capabilities of team members to perform specific functions/tasks/assignments.
- Conducts performance evaluation for team members and ensures that performance gaps are addressed accordingly.
- Is accountable for the overall attainment of project objectives.
- Conducts candidate interviews
- Attends meetings, as required.
- May report on non-regular working hours, as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
Reports and Records
- Prepared Reports
- Daily and weekly accomplishment reports
- Performance evaluation
- AdHoc reports, as required
- Reviewed reports
- Daily accomplishment reports of team members
- Accessed records
- Bug records
- Enhancement records
- Meeting records
- Project records
- Source codes
- Coordination with other departments (PH and US)
- This position does no entail interaction with external contacts
Key job qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree of any four (4) year computer-related course
- With at least eight (8) years' experience as Software Developer
- With at least two (2) years' experience in leading a team
- With at least eight (8) years' experience in Java/JEE development
- With experience in front-end development and UI design
- If with Master's degree in Computer Science, at least six (6) years' experience in Java/JEE development is required
- Good understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Advanced & Deep understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and System Design
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with writing SQL queries, especially for Postgres or using jOOQ 4 | Page- System Developer - Lead
- Experience writing REST or GraphQL APIs
- Develop and design software with security mindedness
- Experience in writing reusable, optimized, maintainable code that is well documented and follows industry-standard best practices
- Experience with performance tuning, load testing and application monitoring
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud providers
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem assessment/solving skills
- Experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Experience with Maven and GIT
- Strong design and analytical capabilities
- Experience on the following is a plus:
- Kafka and Apache Camel
- Distributed systems
- Large scale data
- SQL table design, troubleshooting query performance
- Kubernetes, Docker and Microservices designs
- Angular 8 or higher
- Desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills
- Willing to work across time zones as and when needed
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (C, C#, Java, Python)
- Advanced knowledge of OOP and ORM frameworks
- Advanced knowledge and application of design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced & deep understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and System Design
- Advanced knowledge of at least one: PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Advanced knowledge of Translating Technical Requirements to Workflow Process and Diagrams
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning, load testing and application monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of Unix systems
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud computing (AWS, Azure or other cloud providers)
- Advanced knowledge of writing reusable, optimized, maintainable code that is well documented and follows industry-standard best practices
- Advanced knowledge of API design and development
- Knowledge of Docker and Microservices o Knowledge of the concepts of version control
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools ( Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Knowledge of unit test frameworks o Knowledge of the concepts of build and deployment
- Knowledge of development tools and IDEs
- Strong research skills; is resourceful and persevering o Strong analytical skills; keen attention to detail o Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good leadership skills; can effectively plan, organize and monitor team activities o Good project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to work in and with teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment o Is highly accountable o Strong grasp of corporate values
- Capable of making sound decisions
- Is proactive and capable of self-direction and self-motivation