Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of the most extensive, adopted, and in-depth integrated online platform built for the maritime industry. Our client is on the lookout for an experienced DevOps professional for the job of Azure DevOps Engineer. This role will be on a temporary work-from-home arrangement.
The Azure DevOps Engineer will work within the Platform Operations team to oversee all aspects of DevOps/ProductOps. He/She will work with a team of Ops engineers, balanced between application support, release management, and project works.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks for load testing and performance optimization.
- Weigh-in, educate, and be the advocate for scalable and maintainable architectural decisions.
- Build and maintain relevant technical diagrams and DevOps dashboards.
- Regularly and proactively proposing optimizations and tech cost savings opportunities.
- Evaluate and monitor IT service and/or application delivery against the user and business requirements.
- Utilise industry best practices techniques and/or standards for IT project execution.
- Own the products and projects for all DevOps resources.
Key job requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Familiarity with essential Containerization Tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Expert in configuration management for a CI/CD environment using Azure DevOps Services
- Strong understanding of cache configuration design and management (Redis or Memcached)
- Hands-on knowledge on building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Hands-on knowledge on managing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Azure PaaS Services
- Hands-on knowledge in Nginx configuration, Load balancer (SLB) configuration
- Hands-on knowledge with SQL and NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Hands-on knowledge with Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and related technology (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with Event Streaming Platforms such as Kafka HDInsight and EventHub
- Experience with service monitoring, change and release management systems
- Knowledgeable in Monitoring Tools such as PRTG, New Relic, PagerDuty
- A philosophical approach to automate away from manual efforts
- The ability to effectively communicate, problem-solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- The ability to prioritize, estimate, and oversee project work balanced with ongoing support
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution