Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a fast-growing bank in the Philippines. Our respected client is seeking an experiences Bank Compliance Officer banking for the job of Chief Compliance Officer. The job is based in BGC, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
This professional will be overseeing the overall compliance practices and policies of the bank and work directly with the Senior Management to discuss compliance activities of the bank.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing compliance support to the business in their daily operations and in their development initiatives including providing advice on product development, customer transactions and guidance on cross-border as well as domestic issues.
- Maintains an effective compliance program consistent with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies as well as with the internal requirements of the business.
- Work closely with the General Manager on structuring of transactions, advising on regulatory issues and risks, project management.
- Helps develop a proactive, integrated Compliance approach interacting with other compliance officers in other regions to help drive the desired cultures and behaviors.
- Helps develop a compliance risk assessment process covering the main activities relevant to managing compliance risk by developing and implementing a robust compliance monitoring/desk review program.
- Supports the business in their identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation and monitoring of regulatory compliance risks.
- Reports compliance matters to the Head of Compliance in Head Office and Manila Branch General Manager.
- Assists and provide guidance to business units for resolution of compliance risk issues.
- Performs other compliance tasks or other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Head of Compliance in Head Office and Manila Branch General Manager.
- Monitor compliance of new and amended rules and regulations of the following regulatory bodies:
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)
- Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC)
- Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Taguig City - Local Government Unit (LGU)
- Ensure that all transactions/tasks assigned are handled efficiently and effectively in a timely manner.
Key job requirements include:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- At least 15-20 Year(s) of banking experience is required for this position.