Executive recruitment Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a multinational healthcare distribution company with offices across SEA. We are looking for a General Manager for the Philippines who can further grow the business and lead a team of 40. This role will directly report to the CEO.
Healthcare Business Development
- as a key member of the Healthcare Management team, participate in BD presentations to potential principals and fully demonstrate competitive advantages and market leverage
- Identify complementary potential agencies for pitching purpose and link to service / competency plan / BD
- Prepare and formulate strategies for the potential agencies
- Work closely with Principals to identify any other VAS for expansion of the collaboration
- Manage contractual relationships and ensure compliance & renewal
- Ensure overheads and expenditures are effectively controlled to within or below budgeted levels and suggest improvements to processes to yield efficiencies and improve returns
- Tightly control debts and ensure that doubtful debts are well within budgeted levels.
- Use and report agreed KPIs to maintain optimal performance, take appropriate remedial actions where necessary and continuously strive for greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Build and maintain a competitive Healthcare team that is customer-oriented (while managing principal's expectation) and results-focused (delivering or exceeding APP).
- Participate in any risk and crisis management by country to assist in resolving issues
- Recruit and train a performance-based Healthcare team by enhancing staff competencies (e.g. negotiation, planning, selling, etc)
Principal and Market Relationships
- Represent and promote the company at a senior level with principals and customers to ensure that relationships are cordial and productive at all times.
- Maintain a strong network relationship with the customer in related market and include Gov't and Private sectors
- Participate in key Principals meeting and Industry functions to build good relationship
- Master / Bachelor's Degree
- Experienced in Consumer Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices business
- Work experience with both Principal and Distributor at a senior level
- Proven experience in turning around the business within 6 months to a year - strong in execution
- Knowledge in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
- Agile, highly adaptable, financially driven
- English language essential (spoken and written)
- Customer-focused and Results-oriented