Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a multinational chemicals company dealing mainly in decorative paints and performance coatings. This company sells and distributes interior and exterior paints to consumers and professionals worldwide, the world's leading provider of marine coatings to shipowners and management companies for newbuilding, drydock and seastock, and a leading supplier of powder coatings to companies active in industries related to appliances, furniture, building components, pipelines and general industries. This job is based in Sto. Tomas, Batangas.
The Credit Control Manager is responsible to manage and maintain all aspects of the credit control function whilst rendering business support to the Finance and Sales Departments, making recommendations of credit control policies and procedures, to ensure a healthy customer receivables portfolio and improve communication, workflow and process between the relevant departments. The position has personnel responsibility for Finance Department in accordance with the valid organisation chart. This entails clarifying the understanding of roles, objectives, work tasks, results, and deviations in line with company's Leadership Expectations. The position is responsible for being familiar with/obtaining necessary guidance concerning relevant laws, regulations and guidelines appertaining to personnel responsibility.
Key Job responsibilities include:
- Manage and control credits of company's customers by evaluating their credit worthiness, monitoring the credit status
- Manage and decrease company cost of credit through controlling risk of credit, risk non-payment, risk associated with late payments, and risks of opening new accounts.
- Maintain financial reports and monthly closing procedures related to the account receivable function and status of accounts using IFS system in order to minimize the company's Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and to control the Credit Risk.
- Maintain customer receivables set and meet collection targets on a monthly basis, by monitoring or controlling payment behavior by controlling credit limits and terms to ensure a healthy customer receivables portfolio
- Arrange credit meeting and structured business reviews with sales department and local key customers. Provide salesmen with up to date and current information pertaining to customer's accounts and assist salesmen to achieve their collection targets by planning their collections based on the customer sales' pattern
- Increased Commercial contributions to the Company by ensuring contract reviews including Gross Margin analytics customers, other required financial information and compliance with standard contract provisions of the Company are followed to ensure robust business relationship is in place
- Co-ordinate legal cases with lawyers or other authorities depending on the nature of the case. Ensure appropriate reporting of risk exposure (AR losses) Support Management with adequate reports on credit and collection, payment problem accounts and legal issues.
- Deliver in Full and On-time (DIFOT) all Credit and Control reports, financial forecast-collections, support in STP and Business Reviews inputs.
- Drive DSO towards company's target through implementing collection strategies and maintaining monthly targets at considerable levels.
- Spearhead continued Deep Dive Initiatives of the Company
- Collaborate with Cost Czar for Gross Margin Analytics of all new and existing contracts to ensure profit protection plans are in place.
- Increase commercial inclination of the Credit and Control by conducting in-depth structured business reviews at least on quarterly basis (or as needed) for all local key accounts together with Customers and Segment Heads.
- Collaborate closely with Sales Area Representatives on weekly basis the status of their account on proactive approach (evaluating current credit risks, and supply requirements) to strike a balance in helping the company in growing its volume
- Assist with Segments Head on business development matters
- Assist in ensuring all HSEQ-Finance requirements are complied
- Maintain robust Credit and Control process in compliance with JICC
- Coordinate with Corporate Lawyer for all basic legal compliance related to Credit and Control and schedule of BOD Meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or any related discipline
- With minimum of 5 years working experience in the same capacity
- With people management skills, passionate, able to communicate to different levels
- Aggressive in terms of pursuit of success and customer compliance and relation
- Background in sales, commercial finance, and/or accountin
- Willing to travel to different sites i.e Batangas and Cebu