Head of Operation (Freight Forwarding)
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading multinational company with a core focus on logistics. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least twenty years' experience in a logistics company for the job of Head of Operation. The job is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Direct report to the CEO Indonesia
- Delegating, empowering and monitoring operations team in completion of daily task according to the internal processes and KPIs
- Establish escalation process within/across the teams in resolving operations and procurement/pricing matters. Act as the primary contact leading the escalation and problem resolution.
- Join customer meetings (face-to-face / online) with commercial team regularly to understand the market demand, customer expectations and stay close to market competitions
- Develop and manage procurement & pricing strategies (both carrier and local vendor) and create operations solutions, work in-tandem with local and overseas commercial team to convert business opportunities to WINs
- Develop internal and external SOP's and processes with defined roles & responsibilities that drive work efficiency, and streamline/eliminate operations and/or communication gaps
- Participate in RFP/RFQ pricing process - work with local/overseas commercial team or Regional RFQ and Product team for annual and contractual RFP/RFQ
- Provide training sessions (relating to systems/product/market updates) to internal and/or external customer
- Master degree holder in logistics/SCM/engineering from reputable overseas university, with excellent GPA
- Minimum 20+ years of operations or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Strong knowledge in ocean and/or air operations, utilization of different types of permit/certification of origin/Form D/preferential duty rate or exemption
- Experienced in ocean and/or air procurement and carrier management
- Possess strong supervisory experience in managing a team
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Presentation and Computer Skills
- Understanding of Financial Concepts
- A certified/registered professional logistics with proven project portfolio is desirable
- Skills: operation logistics, general business management, finance and accounting, business development
- Special acumen: deep and thorough knowledge of logistics and commercial projects in Indonesia.
- Understanding of logistics business and markets.
- Understanding of Indonesian logistics markets.