Executive search firm, Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a fast-growing multinational bank in the Philippines. Our reputable client is looking to hire an Internal Auditor who has strong experience in the regular audit (internal or external) of a Universal or Commercial Bank.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, review and assess the bank's annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology.
- Perform daily, monthly, special and annual audits.
- Act as the bank's general liaison with any external auditors.
- Meet with the General Manager and Department Heads regularly to discuss audit matters.
- Identify various risks areas and evaluate the controls and processes necessary to mitigate the risk and recommends corrective actions on operational deficiencies.
- Review and ascertain the reliability and integrity of regular financial reports, statutorial reports and other financial management reports.
- Monitor and evaluate the soundness, adequacy, effectiveness and application of the internal control system for detecting accounting and reporting financial errors, fraud and defalcations.
- Ascertains the extent of compliance with government policies, plans and procedures, laws and regulations.
- Ascertains the extent to which the bank's assets and other resources are accounted for and safeguarded from losses.
- Evaluates the quality of performance of groups/individuals in carrying out their assigned responsibilities.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve the bank's accounting and management practices.
Key job requirements include:
- Must be Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
- Must have at least five (5) years' experience in the regular audit (internal or external) of a Universal or Commercial Bank as auditor-in-charge, senior auditor or audit manager.
- He/she must have integrity/probity. In accordance with Section 134 of the MORB, in assessing an officer's integrity/probity, consideration shall be given to the officer's market reputation, observed conduct and behavior, as well as his ability to continuously comply with company policies and applicable laws and regulations, including market conduct rules, and the relevant requirements and standards of any regulatory body.
- He/she must possess the knowledge, skills and other competencies to examine all areas in which the Bank operates.
- He/she is continually trained to face up to the increasing complexity and diversity of the Bank's operations.
- Does not hold any concurrent directorship or officership with another bank, quasi-bank or non-banking financial institution.
- He/she possesses none of the disqualifications provided under section 138 of the MORB.