Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is exclusively partnered with an organization who is well established in the chemical manufacturing sector. Our respected client is seeking a Plant Manager with 10 years' experience.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall production and operations of the plant facilities. This role is a critical leadership role to enable an effective plant production organization and ensure long term sustainability of productivity and value creation to the company.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Develop and oversee plans and programs to ensure the optimum utilization of available equipment, space, facility, and human resource necessary to attain manufacturing objectives. This including ensuring corrective actions to improve safety, quality, effectiveness, and efficiency for plant operation.
- Ensure cost effectiveness in operation and optimise the plant operation for better OEE and processing cost
- Develops and implements systems for material requirements, planning, work in progress tracking, material and labour variance controls and production performance reporting.
- Safety performance for the plant at world standard on TRIR and Process Safety with leading indication KPI meet target.
- Implement system of continuous improvement adopting Kaizen/LEAN strategies and recommend new production techniques, processes, workflow improvement as well as systems to improve production productivity, quality, safety, efficiency, reliability, and reduction of costs.
- Review the effectiveness of production process including troubleshooting, de-bottlenecking, shut-down coordinating, and preventive maintenance activities, to be align with production planner on supply and demand matters; for the purpose of meeting the targeted product volume in line with set budget, schedule, and product specifications.
- Review/Evaluate current processes to maintain efficiency, competitiveness, and cost effectiveness. Increase production, equipment capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Provide positive employee relations to ensure the achievement of productivity objectives and maintenance of high morale at all levels within the workforce
- Responsibility of all (local) legal, statutory, security/safety & environmental processes and issues. Also responsible for such regulatory responsibilities as set out in the local legislation for management of the entity.
- Represents the company in dealing with authority that involve with licensing, complying with regulation, scheduled and unscheduled inspection; and public complaint.
- Perform any other duties as the Top Management may require from time to time.
Key Job requirements include:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 10 years working experience in ink/Chemical/ Petrochemical/ Oil & Gas
- Plant, preferably in operations.
- Demonstrated leadership in transforming a manufacturing organization through automation, digitalization, reliability, continuous improvement, and development of effective teams at all levels.
- Strong plant operations skills - production planning and control, production processes, maintenance, SHE, QC and GMP.
- Good understanding of 5S, Kaizen, value stream mapping, TPM, Lean Manufacturing and other plant improvement methodologies.
- Experience in high-risk plant operations is highly preferred with good knowledge of HAZOP and Process Safety Management.
- Knowledge in operating SAP and MS Office tools.
- Knowledge in ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO45001.
- Strong knowledge in Occupational Safety and Process Safety.
- Strong knowledge in industrial relations and labour laws.
- Possess a Certificate in Safety & Health & registered with DOSH/NIOSH will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and able to lead and motivate team members.