Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a high-growth regulatory approved online training and certification company with offices in the USA, Pakistan, and Manila. This leader in online training and certification across a wide range of industries and professions is looking for an experienced Java Professional with extensive experience in Software Engineering using JVM applications, Springboot, and other technologies. The job is a remote work job and offers a flexible schedule. Candidates must be open to shifting schedules as well.
The Principal Software Engineer (Java) will be joining one of our software development teams dedicated to creating/enhancing desktop-based and web-based applications while working with some of the latest technologies in user interfaces, server architecture, and cloud-based computing. Our relaxed but fast-paced work environment promotes open seating, paired programming, cross-team/office collaboration, efficient communication, Scrum methodologies, and TDD principles. Engineers at this company are thought leaders in our department and local development community. Duties include solving complex issues, learning/teaching new technologies, promoting growth, and assuring your team delivers on its commitments.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Great communication skills, including active listening and comprehending system requirements
- Self-taught and self-teaching, with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Implement important elements of the application software architecture and application infrastructure.
- Design and develop software applications, project prototypes, proofs of concept & client demos
- Perform, design, and code reviews for all key application functional components
- Assist in driving the development effort for End-to-End on-time delivery of high-quality solutions that conform to feature requirements
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail when serving as a trusted advisor on your team.
- Work closely with the product owner and other team members to coordinate schedules, identify task assignments and provide progress updates at daily stand-up meetings
Key job requirements include:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or possess equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of engineering experience in JVM based secure web applications
- 4+ years of experience with Spring Boot framework
- Plus/preferred Skills: SCM Tools, Git, SVN, OAuth, SSL, CORS, JWT
- Expert level coding skills in back-end Java
- Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, SSL, CORS, JWT, etc.)
- Extensive experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with an IDE such as IntelliJ, Eclipse
- Knowledge of continuous integration and release management tools
- Good knowledge of SCM tools including Git, subversion, JIRA
- Proficiency in working in Unix/Linux environment