Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a well-established organization that provides micro-finance services to underprivileged entrepreneurs. They are looking for an Area Manager who will be responsible for the administration and efficient operations of branches within assigned area. The role performs 80% field-based work and based in Quezon Province
An Area Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient operations of branches within his/her assigned area. He/She ensures Program and Policy Administration, Customer Service, Staffing, and People Management, and Achievement of Operational and Financial targets within his/her area of coverage.
Oversees the branch operation activities within his/her area, meeting operational targets and is responsible for ensuring the area's overall performance. The Area Manager is likewise responsible for identifying and analyzing opportunities for his/her area for branch expansion. He/She is likewise responsible for the functions/tasks/activities related to supervision of the area of operations, market positioning, forecasting, program and policy administration, customer service, staffing and people management, and achievement of operational and financial targets.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Prepares annual budget for the area and endorses to the regional office for consolidation
- Communicates to branches within his/her area of coverage the approved operational and financial budget for the year
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities for new branch openings. Together with the Regional Manager, analyzes the viability of opening a new branch in a specific locations with particular emphasis on operational funding structure and legislative needs
- Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitors operational performance on a daily basis and financial performance on a monthly basis vis-à-vis targets
- Reviews reports prepared by the area and ensures accuracy, reliability and timely submission thereof. Promotes and monitors client retention status and continues to monitor the areas within his/her coverage to ensure realization of targets
· Develops strategies to achieve targets, and reviews them regularly to ensure achievement of operational and financial targets. Recommends actions/strategies to improve service delivery.
- Credit Assessment, Evaluation and Approval
- Conducts client calls to potential micro and small entrepreneurs qualified under the M1B and M2 program. Endorses for approval qualified accounts and ensures achievement of operational targets
- Conducts regular client visits to existing micro and small entrepreneurs under the M1B and M2 program
- Deliberates and approves loans beyond P50,000 up to P150,000, jointly with the Regional Manager and other Area Managers of his/her region
- Branch Compliance Monitoring and Internal Control
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled Branch Visits and surprise checks in branches within his/her area of coverage, to ensure compliance to operating guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures
- Brings to the attention of the Regional Manager perceived or actually observed violation of policies and procedures, risks or irregularities that may affect operational efficiency or may have possible repercussions on the reputation of the enterprise
- Coordinates with the Regional Manager to investigate cases of irregularities or fraud that transpired in branches within his/her area of coverage
- Staffing Management
- Ensures branch staffing is complete and deployed on time
- Consistently reviews capacity and workload of staff and provides recommendations to the Regional Manager where there is a need to review staff workload
- Supervises and coaches the Branch Managers and Branch personnel on a continuous basis and provides motivation and staff retention
- Develops personnel/staff within his/her area of coverage and coordinates with Human Resource to ensure increased competency through trainings. Identifies possible high potentials and ensures development of the high potentials for possible promotion.
- Promotes free exchange of information leading to increased trust and partnership among staff and Management. Maintains an open line of communication and continuous exchange of information to strengthen cooperation and camaraderie within and between teams.
- Submits regular performance evaluation on direct reports based on the tools set by Management
- Complies with the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy of the enterprise. Ensures that team members within his/her region of coverage complies to the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Provides incident reports to the Regional Manager and Deputy Director for Operations violations of the policies.
- Other Organizational Roles
- Updates himself/herself of current trends, market position, strategies on the industry direction.
- Ensures attendance and support to Institutional Activities
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
Key job requirements include:
- Degree holder of a Business Management or a Commerce course. Graduates of other degrees may be accepted as endorsed by the Regional Manager
- Ideally in age group of 30 -45 years old
- Preferably within the region of assignment
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience supervising operations in a micro-finance institution or a related field, achieving operational and financial targets, and program and policy administration,
- The candidate must be God-fearing with a positive and mature outlook, openminded, analytical with a heart of capacitating others, responsible, patient and hardworking, willing to go on constant travel and do field work, flexible, fair and focused
- Program and Policy Administration in the area of assignment.
- Knowledge of Operations of a Micro-Finance Institution or in a related field. Understands key control points and risks inherent in the trade. Articulate and able to organize thoughts and is able to provide clear reports for branch operations review
- Lending Services
- Develops and adjusts group formation procedures that will enable the organization to keep multiplying self-sustaining and productive groups of clients
- Makes loan decisions on the basis of the data provided with loan recommendations
- Manages local credit committees
- Identifies, obtains and analyzes information beyond established parameters to further assess loan applications
- Continually reviews loan assessment procedures for possible enhancements to better serve the needs of the clients
- Trains others in loan assessment and approval processes
- Gathers and verifies data to determine truthfulness of information needed for the approval of loan applications
- Uses analytical thinking in assessing clients' qualifications to receive loans applied for, based on established parameters and criteria.
- Processing of loan applications at the earliest possible time
- Is able to identify challenges in the loan process and recommend solutions or strategies for the improvement of performance
- Marketing and Customer Service
- Determines the appropriate trainiing programs that can be implement to meet client's needs and expectations
- Uses working knowledge to lead customers through the process of understanding the features of the products and services and skillfully turn these features into benefits for the customers
- Possesses working knowledge of the products and services and applies it in planning and implementing activities in his branch
- Analyzes and identifies issues causing deviations from standards and implements the best course of action in a given situation
- Constantly seeks out feedback of customers for him to plan new strategies in selling and recommends improvements based conclusions drawn from feedback and his own assessment
- Monitors and manages compliance to policies and procedures and processes
- Fosters an environment of compliance to the intent and letter of set standards and can explain the rationale behind all processes and policies and procedures to the staff for better implementation and compliance.
- Coaches and trains others on how to effectively comply to standards and is critical to non-compliance, with deviations corrected
- Analyzes and identifies issues causing deviations from standards and recommends improvements thereof
- Designs research projects and impact studies
- Applies knowledge on research methodologies to distill information and findings; shares relevant information and knowledge
- Imparts learning to benefit others
- Uses market data analysis in making decisions for planned market expansion
- Reviews on a regular basis different approaches and methods used in obtaining data from the field and from other sources
Fosters an environment that values customer satisfaction. Initiates programs that ensure customer satisfaction is delivered
- Accounting, Budgeting and Budget Control
- Financial Analysis
- Internal Control
- Demonstrates knowledge of business processes and identifies gaps, deficiencies and non-conformity to policies and standards
- Identifies and assesses risk areas and designs appropriate system to ensure good internal control
- Applies cross-checking of compliance to transactions and procedures to ensure integrity of financial information
- Management and Information System
- Management of Information
- Uses MIS to produce management reports according to the specifications given
- Leadership and Management
- Management Planning
- Management Lending
- Management Organizing
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Human Resources
- Management Human Resource
- People Management
- Managing Relationship