Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia is recruiting on behalf of a leading luxury brand importer and distributor in the FMCG industry. As business growth and expansion continues, our respected client is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual for the job of a Brand & Category Manager. The opportunity is based in Selangor, Malaysia
As the Brand & Category Manager, you will be playing a critical role to establish best practices, manage all aspects of marketing and brand management to handle the dedicated brands. The opportunity drives to build competitive and attractive brand awareness working closely with different stakeholders.
- To create brand awareness and promote brand assigned to you
- To implement and conduct a market survey of competitors in the market
- To constantly keep track of dynamics by conducting regular market visits
- Constantly monitor competitor's activities, feedback the necessary information to Marketing Team and propose effective strategies to defend brand position
- Dealing with the Principal for brands you handle and liaise with the principal for marketing
information and updated marketing materials.
- Understand the local market, and discuss with the Principal business strategy
- Conduct product training for the retail consultants, Keep in close communication with the retail sales team
- Visit Retail Shops to manage the display and merchandising. Communicate with the visual merchandiser on the thematic display you need and the POP required. Outstation visits are required at least 2 to 3 times a year
- Manage and initiate Brand or Product Launch / Cooking Show / Roadshow. To undertake product
launches from planning up to post-launch analysis.
- Maintain a healthy work relationship with the international brand Principals as per the following;
- Prepare brand review, and sales review for the respective brands.
- Ensure sufficient and continuous support, product information, and updates on all brands are obtained from the Principal.
- Understand the local market, and discuss with the Principal various business strategies.
- Plan and work very closely to ensure the Annual Purchase Budget vs. Actual Sales is achieved.
- Conduct market visits.
- To participate in the Annual stock of the brands you manage.
- To perform any duty assigned by superior whichever is deemed as appropriate.
* Minimum a Degree in Marketing / Business Studies or equivalent.
* At least 5 years of experience in the related field is required.
* Candidate with marketing and sales experience in the Retail industry, Trading companies and background in household retail will be added advantages.
* Resourceful and meticulous, good analytically and communication skills, results-driven, team leader and passion to attain excellence
* Able to handle high-end products.
* Good time management with a sense of urgency with a positive good attitude.
* Able to work as a team and able to work with shop managers.
* If required from time to time able to work after working hours or on weekend