Customer Service and Operations Manager (Logistics and Freight Forwarding)
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of one of the country's progressive integrated logistics solutions providers, spanning the international and domestic supply chain. This company boasts of a wide-range of logistics services in the areas of International and Domestic Forwarding, Customs Brokerage, Project Logistics, Container Leasing and Warehousing. This position is based in Ermita, Manila.
The CS and Operations Manager will be responsible in handling several key areas: Customer Service and Documentation, Managing Customer Complaints, Management Reporting, People Management, and Administrative functions.
Key Job responsibilities include:
Customer Service and Documentation Functions:
- Manages day to day Customer Service and Documentation processes, Systems and infrastructure, while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision.
- Collaboration with Sales and Marketing Team and provide support in order to achieve targets (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly).
Managing Customer Complaints:
- Effective in managing customer complaints and monitoring of its resolution.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors.
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics.
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions.
- Assist the Vice President/General Manager during special planning and departmental projects.
High-performing and Engaged Team:
- Responsible for developing a high performing and engaged team by diligently training and coaching the team to enhance their competencies and create a conducive climate where they are engaged to perform their best and contribute to the attainment of team objectives.
- Sets the direction in developing the team member's objectives; ensures that performance metrics are regularly monitored; provides regular feedback (positive & constructive) to team members on their performance to keep them engaged.
- Mentors and guides the team members to navigate & address the business/ operational challenges & difficult situations to achieve the desired results.
- Identifies the competency gaps and provides the appropriate development solutions to continuously up skill the team members.
- Performs HR administrative functions of a line leader such as approval of DTR adjustments, leave applications, work schedule changes.
- Complies to HR and other departmental requirements such as online requests for DTR adjustments, leave applications, work schedule changes or IT service request forms.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Skills in negotiating and resolving critical concerns;
- Proactive attitude in managing departmental functions and stakeholder's requirements;
- Effective and efficient in addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction;
- Developing and implementing operational procedures and policies
- Analysing training needs/requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organising skills to coordinate project activities
- Ability to communicate with others effectively and is a relationship builder
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings
- Ability to work with details and time-sensitive issues
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in program management, business or public administration, technical management, information systems, engineering, finance/accounting, or related fields
- Experience may be considered equivalent if experience demonstrated increased depth and breadth of responsibility
- Minimum of 5 to 10 year's working experience as Managerial or Supervisory level in Logistic /Freight forwarding Industry.