Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting is recruiting on behalf of one of the world's leading non-life insurance business providing full-range insurance services to include motor and non-motor products as well as other personal line products. The company has won an outstanding insurance award and has become one of the most successful small insurance providers in Thailand.
This position will be mainly responsible for developing and executing reinsurance strategy to ensure that all risks acceptances are protected by proper reinsurance arrangement. Also, this person has to have good connection with reinsurer partners in Thailand and other worldwide companies.
- Negotiate and arrange reinsurance placements (Treaty, Facultative, XOL)
- Annually review current reinsurance programs and program structures and evaluate alternatives, formulates options, and recommend changes (e.g. enhancements in the treaties)
- Prepare the required renewal information including statistics, risk profiles, top risks, underwriting philosophy and major losses, etc.
- Develop adequate controls and reports to monitor reinsurance performance
- Work with Underwriting department to optimize Reinsurance treaty
- Underwrite Inward Reinsurance
- Build network within the local insurance community and cooperate on Inward and Outward Facultative Reinsurance.
- Train, coach, and serve as a reinsurance technical resource to underwriters, sales and claim accessors
- Liaise with Finance Department for remittance of reinsurance premiums in accordance with the contract requirements
- Set up reinsurance contract (treaty and facultative) in a system.
- Monitor the reinsurance register to ensure risks are correctly allocated into the relevant treaties
- Prepare the required reports for different stakeholders such as company management, OIC, etc.
- Monitor and update rating records of all reinsurers.
- Perform due diligence when working with new Reinsurers and Reinsurance Brokers
- Review the placing slips, cover notes and wordings
- Prepare RI Application
- Understand products thoroughly and be able to explain to Reinsurance brokers and Reinsurers
- Strictly follow Reinsurance guidelines and SOP. Also adjust them when it is necessary.
- Continuously improve Reinsurance operation process
- Bachelor's Degree or above in related field
- Multiple years of experience in Underwriting and Reinsurance of General Insurance (Marine, Fire, A&H, and Miscellaneous) with insurance company, Reinsurance broker or Reinsurer
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Proficiency in Thai and English speaking/writing
- Hands on experience in establishing processes and systems in an insurance company