Senior Market Analyst
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group is one of the world's largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. Our reputable client is currently searching for Senior Market Analyst who is amenable to work in a hybrid set up, mid-shift. The office is located in McKinley Hill Taguig.
About the Role:
The Senior Market Analyst of the new Market Operations function in Manilla is responsible for pre and post trade operational support. The role is being introduced to help, initially, facilitate a new Turquoise initiative of extending our trading hours to cover the Asian Pacific time zone and will report into the Manager of Market Operations based in Manilla. The new team will work in partnership with colleagues in London to ensure delivery and service our Asian Pacific clients. This is a high risk, market impacting front line role which in integral to the day to day running of the LSE and Turquoise markets. It can involve stock suspensions, trading cycle interventions, order deletes and market monitoring. The teams works on a shift basis and covers the hours between 00:00 - 18:00 UK time 07:00 - 01:00 PST. As Senior Market Analyst you will be expected to be the senior subject matter expert on any given shift, train more junior members of staff and provide expertise for successful project implementation and incident management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and facilitating the resolution of live service and post trade service issues for all London Stock Exchange markets and the Turquoise equity market.
- Undertaking Market Recovery action for both London Stock Exchange and Turquoise markets, including alternative site recovery, late market and manual market startups, the halting and resumption of trading schedules and instruments and partition recovery
- Responsible for real time support of market activities across LSE and Turquoise Equities Markets
- Identify and minimize risks of pre and post trade operations, reviewing risk indicators and tracking actions to remediate control gaps
- Manage and maintain real time static and dynamic instrument and reference data
- Act as first line operational support for clients for any and all queries/issue/disputes
- Collaborate effectively across products, teams and business areas to deliver robust and effective services and development
- Partner with Project Managers, IT and Sales/Trading on systems enhancements and development
- Assist with the resolution of exceptional technical & production issues/incidents.
- Investigate process failures and implement corrective actions.
- Participation in internal projects focused on process improvement and/or Industry/Regulatory change
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Train other members of staff and act as a role model
- Some weekend and bank holiday coverage required especially for system upgrades and product launches.
Key requirements include:
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines whilst under pressure
- Worked in professional and client-focused environments where detailed processes must be followed
- Must be a confident team player with good interpersonal skills and a 'can do' attitude
- Recent experience in a similar technical customer service role supporting financial clients with proven customer service skills
- Technical skills with the ability to learn quickly - FIX Protocol knowledge, SQL, Networking, Wireshark, SFTP, Electronic Trading systems and Market Data familiarity, ITSM Tools, Excel.