Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a global technology company who is delivering truly prominent IT solutions, IT Design, IT Management, Data Security, Business Reform, and Infrastructure Plan for enterprises. Due to the company's expansion to EMEA and Manila, our respected client is currently looking for an IT professional who has experience for the job of SOC Analyst II. The job is based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines, that currently offers WFH arrangement with night shift work hours and devices/equipment will be provided.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The SOC Analyst is responsible for day-to-day CyberSecurity monitoring utilizing security tools that are used to monitor and secure our clients' business. Incumbents are accountable for detecting threats, response processes, assisting the team in developing threat detection and prevention capabilities, and equipping clients to optimize their cybersecurity incident response capabilities. The SOC Analyst will participate in a team of analysts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
We are looking to hire a Cyber Security Analyst with a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies to join our Managed Security Services team. Cyber Security Analysts are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure. This service is delivered to a wide array of clients.
To ensure success, a Cyber Security Analyst must display an excellent understanding of SIEM operation, and have familiarity with standard networking technologies using Firewalls, Servers, IDS/IPS, to name a few. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the tools.
High level roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform real-time proactive security monitoring, detection and response to security events and incidents for Managed Security Service clients in a 24/7 Security Operations Center environment.
- Conduct thorough investigation of security events generated by our detection mechanisms such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV
- Utilize advanced network and host forensic tools in order to triage and scope an incident.
- Categorize the events and raise necessary incidents after thorough quality check of the event.
- Maintain situational awareness of latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance or computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Industry-recognized Information Security Certifications, including Security+, CySA+, and/or CEH, among others.
- 1 or more years of experience in triaging information security alerts from SIEM tools.
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and Linux), Virtualization technologies, Network Devices, Cloud computing concepts, Web Proxies, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Antivirus Systems
- Understanding of SIEM tools functionality and logic behind creating rules and filters
- Understanding of Network protocols, services, network vulnerabilities and attack patterns.
- Knowledge of various cyber-attacks and recent hacking techniques
- Possession of excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and writing skills to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively; experience creating and presenting documentation and management reports.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and operational assignments in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in partnership with others
- Strong customer service orientation
- Eagerness to learn and continually expand on skillset