Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a European MNC and a world leader in developing, engineering and supplying technologies, processing plants and proprietary equipment for Oils & Fats, Animal Feed & Agro Food, Oleochemicals & Biodiesel Detergents, Surfactants & Chemicals amongst many others. Our highly-respected client is seeking for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to be responsible for commissioning of equipment and processes to ensure are fitted properly and function at optimum capacity to meet the client's needs. The incumbent will be required to travel extensively for this position.
- Inspect and supervise installation of equipment, piping, and electrical items as per design.
- Identify incompliances and provide advice to customers at site whenever needed.
- Commissioning of equipment and processes at lowest cost and shortest time possible.
- Conduct performance test and operator training.
- Solving issues during commissioning and working closely with project engineering team if issues could not be resolved immediately at site.
- Work in structured way accordance to safety requirements and quality standard.
- Prepare punch list and progress reports on installation supervision and commissioning jobs.
- Follow up on commissioning issues till closure.
- Support project deliverables accordance to specifications and improve competitiveness via standardization, review of P&ID and layout.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Test and Box opening.
- Conduct site audit/ visit and provide improvement proposal to client.
- Willing to be based in various countries for the projects, and working on weekends and public holidays (should it be required).
Key job requirements include:
- Relevant Engineering diploma / degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or relevant studies with competence to check, and test operational component.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in commissioning or maintenance of oil & fats refinery and process system.
- Ability to read P&IDs. Able to read single line diagram will be added advantage.
- Basic knowledge on valves, electrical motor, instrumentation, automation, and structural engineering.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Team player and customer-oriented with good communication.
- Experience in edible oil, food, or evaporation processes (crushing process) will be an added advantage.
- Able to travel and be based in various countries across SEA for the project commissioning.