Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading AI and big data company providing digital transformation, fraud prevention and process automation services in Asia.
Our respected client is seeking a hands-on Data Engineer to help them build out and manage the data infrastructure, which will need to operate reliably at scale using a high degree of automation in setup and maintenance.
The Data Engineer will need to be able to work with the technical leadership to make-well informed architectural choices when required and responsible to produce transparent and easy to navigate data pipelines. The job is based in Makati City, Philippines that offers hybrid work arrangement.
Key job responsibilities:
- Setting up and managing the data infrastructure, plus building new systems where required.
- Building and optimizing key ETL pipelines on both batch and streaming data.
- Design and build data model design and responsible for data quality.
- Play active roles in ensuring data governance tooling is implemented and policies thereby adhered to.
Key job requirements:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience ideally GCP, but strong experience in another platform such as AWS or Azure works as well
- Exposure on event streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Stream analytics frameworks such as Flink, Spark, GCP Dataflow, etc.
- Workflow schedulers such as Apache Airflow
- Cloud data warehouses such as c, Redshift, or Snowflake, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Python.
- Comfortable writing detailed design documents
- Previous exposure to financial services domain and security needs is a plus