Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading cryptocurrency exchange in the Philippines. They are a financial institution and is a Series A venture backed by the global leaders in crypto and blockchain technology, and by SEA-focused venture capital firms.
Our respected client is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer - NodeJs who is passionate about cryptocurrency, want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing industry, and thrive in a start-up environment. The job is in BGC, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines but can offer a Hybrid/permanent WFH arrangement.
The Backend Engineer is expected to maintain and enhance the existing trading platform, end to end. He/she will be Developing new features from the ground up.
- Maintaining and enhancing our existing trading platform, end to end.
- Developing new features from the ground up.
- Gathering, analyzing, and presenting data to provide metrics for our products.
- Working with the Product Management to create or improve the design and user experience of the products.
- Collaborating and communicating regularly with the remote and in-house backend team.
- Participating in strategic initiatives that impact the entire organization across sales, marketing, content, and professional services.
- Must have leadership skills and handle a team of at least 5.
- 5 years of seniority level/experience.
- At least 3 years of NodeJS expertise.
- Interest in blockchain engineering.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Proficiency with AWS including EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda (Preferred but not required).
- Experience with Unit and Integration tests.
- Strong proficiency with databases especially Postgres.
- Knowledge of microservices-based platforms.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Git.
- Prioritization of clean, maintainable, and sustainable coding.
- Willingness to be a Team Player!