Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of an American multinational conglomerate holding company focused on transportation, e-commerce and services. This company is listed in 2021's Fortune 500. They are looking for a well-rounded Sr. Programmer Analyst to be part of their global and agile organization. This is on a work from home setup with office based in BGC, Taguig.
Applies specialist knowledge in performing and reviewing specific processes and procedures within and across departments, to support achievement of divisional and corporate goals. Participates/leads in the design, development and implementation of processes within area of expertise.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates processes and procedures (which may include systems activities) and completes related analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness. May be directly responsible planning, design and completion of complex, sensitive or high impact processes. Performs, participates in or coordinates audits and reviews of existing processes or documentation to ensure appropriate standards and rules are applied. Identifies and investigates anomalies, issues or variance to be addressed.
- Develops and maintains knowledge in relevant Company's principles, processes, tools and best practices; current and forthcoming external requirements or developments (can include Country/Regional regulations). Applies knowledge to investigate and resolve complex problems or exception situations. For very complex or critical issues, works under appropriate guidance. Shares knowledge with peers and management, which may include providing advice on the application of procedures or the interpretation and application of rules. Develops and delivers training for internal customers or vendors within area of expertise as appropriate. Advises on impact of initiatives on compliance or legislative requirements.
- Leads/participates in projects or initiatives to develop new or existing processes, procedures, controls or systems. These can be internal, customer or vendor oriented. In some roles, may support implementation and communication of changes internally, to the wider business or to vendors.
- Initiates, analyses and works on projects which deliver business solutions through improved processes which can include improved efficiencies, delivering additional customer services or leveraging outsourcing or vendor opportunities within department.
- Validates or completes accurate and timely reporting. Compiles data from all relevant sources, including externally as appropriate. Prepares reports as required and may include recommendations for areas of improvement. Monitors reports to ensure standards are maintained in relation to performance and/or compliance. May be involved in the development and maintenance of information or record management systems.
- Identifies risks and opportunities within key processes in the area/department. Shares findings with management. Leads/contributes to the development and implementation of options to address risks or maximise opportunities within new or existing processes.
- Ensures on-going compliance with defined FedEx processes and procedures, relevant legislation and external regulations, and predefined agreements. May include review of policies or standards to ensure compliance or design of new policies/ standards if appropriate. As a result, undertakes corrective actions. Notifies management of any non-compliance issues as they arise.
- Aligns and gains commitment to actions across teams and from different stakeholders, which may include customers, other functional departments, LNPs, NNPs, vendors, etc., dependent on nature of role. May act as a point of contact for corporate or external bodies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline
- Three (3) years of work experience in systems design and development.
- Strong background in the following:
- Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- SAFE Agile