Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a multinational tooling company originally from UK. They have a wide range of Products that they distribute throughout the whole Malaysian Territory. The Company is a leading supplier of tools and industrial supplies to a wide portfolio of industry in Malaysia including the Automotive, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas and Engineering sector.
As part of our expansion we have fantastic opportunity for experienced Sales Professionals with experience on the manufacturing industry to join and develop relationships and sales with distributors network in the territory. The successful Sales Engineer will have at least 3 years' experience in the industry and great communication skills to be able to build good connections with clients and distributors.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Organize the work and plan activities for the most effective coverage of assigned territory. This includes scheduling calls, preparing itineraries, and contacting customers and prospects to discuss requirements, specifications, problems, and any outstanding issues.
- Arrange for demonstration of product and presentation as an aid to selling, when practical.
- Take effective action on any customer issues.
- Maintain daily records of activities, such as call reports and project pipeline.
- Submit regular and special reports as required in connection with calls, sales, customer issues, expense, and other phases of sales activities.
- Constantly review sales efforts and results in relation to forecasts, or potential of territory.
- Create surveys to determine customer acceptance or sales potential for new and existing products.
- Assist office personnel in resolving problems and clarifying details connected with field sales activities.
- Use analysis skills to look at sales trends to help understand customer performance and add value to the company and the customer base
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in an Engineering, Technical or Business or related experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Previous development of sales territory experience and channel management preferred.
- Preferably with knowledge of Industrial MRO supplies such as hand tools, power tools, PPE, cutting tools, abrasives, lubricants, chemicals, workshop equipment and precision tools.
- Good computer skills and knowledge working with MS Office.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Solid time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel is a must. Required to travel to South Region of Malaysia 2 weeks a month.
- Valid and current driver's license required. Must have ability to drive to customer locations to establish rapports, as well as deliver product in person when possible