Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading AI and big data company providing digital transformation, fraud prevention and process automation services in Asia.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced Java Developer who is a technology expert and has a great passion and understanding of technology. Someone who loves writing elegant, high-quality code that solves problems for engineers across various squads for the job of Senior Software Engineer.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for building solutions and evolving the Engineering Practices for all engineers at Digital Bank, making it easier to use the cloud, improving the productivity of engineers, and bringing observability & reliability to application. The job is in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers a WFH flexibility.
Key job responsibilities include:
- You will be working as a Core contributor with your team, writing great quality, scalable, maintainable code.
- Bring In-depth knowledge of design patterns, architecture & cloud infrastructure to the team and drive engineering quality.
- Work with multiple teams to solve complex technological problems, bring insights and drive engineering strategy.
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution, and customer delight.
Key job requirements include:
- Should have 5+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable engineering solutions.
- Should have worked on production-grade distributed systems and microservices architecture, RESTful services, and CI/CD.
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), Monitoring, Logging, and Alert setup in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 of the following (NodeJS, Java, Kotlin, Python) and excited to learn new languages/technologies.
- Good understanding of distributed system fundamentals and ability to troubleshoot issues in an event-driven system setup.
- Experienced with Agile teams and familiar with XP practices and clean architecture.
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, fault tolerance, monitoring, security, and operability of systems.
- Prior experience with GCP, AWS, Azure, etc. is a plus.
Nice-to-have skills: Previous exposure to financial services domain and security needs.