Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a multinational educational technology company. Our respected client is looking for a dedicated Senior Software Engineer who will be joining their pioneering team. This job is based in Makati but WFH setup until further notice.
- Support the Solutions Lead Engineer in spearheading automated, continuous delivery pipeline.
- Develop solutions based upon architectural principles and guidance.
- Develop solutions that maximize the use of our Amazon AWS partner agreement.
- Create, support and maintain Web Services and REST APIs.
- Demonstrate best agile development practices.
- Collaborate with the Solutions Lead Engineer, Head of Solutions Architecture to understand the strategic vision and architectural landscape.
- Work within a cross-functional team including design, UX, Architects, other Development Teams, QA and Business stakeholders
- Own your learning and development and how it fits in and contributes to the technology team.
- Closely work with Shared Services Teams and English Platform Support Teams which will help provide supplementary support for our applications (Data Integrity Team, Global Hosting Services Team, Build and Release Team, Service Managements Teams)
- Provide Level 3 on-call support to the applications that will be developed
- 2 to 3+ yrs. Experience with one of the following: REACT, Node, Angular, Vue, or Ember.
- At least 5 years of extensive software engineering experience for web-based applications in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Agile development whether it may be Scrum, Scrumban and/or Kanban.
- Experience in managing and maintaining Web Services and APIs.
- Experience in Setting up Tooling and Processes for successful development teams.
- Very strong HTML5, and CSS skills.
- Ability to research new technologies and understand technical specifications.
- Experience in developing responsive web apps that work on a range of devices.
- An understanding of software development approaches and technologies.
- Understand how modern web applications work, the available architectures and how content can integrate with different systems.
- Ability to produce clear and well written documentation for use with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in eLearning is welcome.
- Proactive style and ability to think flexibly and quickly.
- Natural problem solver.
- Good team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay open-minded, and listen to feedback from across the business to enable continuous improvement