Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading technology company who offers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
The Associate, Professional Import/Export is responsible for the ECCN and HTS classification recommendation of products in the technology industry, with final decision to be confirmed by Sr. Associates, to result in the transactional release of U.S. export orders in compliance with all U.S. Export Control Laws and regulations. This role requires familiarity with the fundamentals of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule and involves the progressive immersion and understanding of hardware, software, services and technology using guidelines provided by Sr. associates. Additionally, a methodical approach to evaluating products in the technology industry, without sacrificing accuracy when delivering results through the release of order holds within department SLAs.
This job is based in Taguig CIty, Metro Manila, Philippines that offers a Hybrid work set up (one week RTO per month) and night shift schedule.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Product Classification (ECCN)
- Develop proficiency in the Commerce Control List to determine ECCN classification for technology products, working closely with Sr. Associates to confirm final classification decision for US Export orders.
- Develop proficiency in the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule, applying consistent methodology across similar hardware and software product and product families, working closely with Sr. associates to confirm final classification decision for US Export orders.
- Determine product classifications for hardware and software products to support US Export transactions in compliance with all U.S. export laws and regulation. Product complexity can range from basic to intermediate.
- Request and evaluate Manufacturer supplied classification information, working closely with Sr. associates to confirm final classification decision for US Export orders.
- Support and continually develop proficiency in Export license determination in accordance with the CCL, working closely with Sr. associates to confirm final export license determination decision
- Request the vendor's Encryption Registration Number (ERN) and CCATS when necessary.
- Export Order Management Operations
- Product Classification support
- Prepare on demand reports and SKU lists for Compliance Specialists and Management
- Review and upload approved classification data as requested by Supervisor or Sr. Management
- Manage Vendor classification price lists, complete analysis and prepare upload files for review by Trade Compliance Specialists
- Maintain Vendor and internal compliance contact lists.
- Export Order screening:
- Export order hold screening, escalate or release for authorized transactions within department service level.
- Identify reasons for hold and resolve quickly to meet SLAs.
- Notify appropriate business units for actions required prior to release of the export hold.
- Review and prepare RPCs for required transactions.
- Classification Requests Mailbox:
- Support basic classification requests, database load requests, escalating to Supervisor and Sr. Trade Compliance Specialists as required.
- Report and assist in the immediate troubleshooting of any processing delays, errors, or exceptions that occur.
- Continuously monitor and provide a timely response to email requests.
- Train as a backup to perform daily End of Day reconciliation to ensure all export holds were actioned.
- Compliance project support as determined by Supervisor or Sr. Management
- Reporting, Performance Metrics and Analysis
- Generate, maintain and manage reports designed to provide analytical support to specified users.
- Run daily reporting, maintain trend files for compliance KPIs and performance metrics.
- Administrative support for required regulatory reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain and publish audit metrics.
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested and produce information utilizing MS Excel functions, such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc., to provide required output.
- Review classification and export metrics and KPIs to analyze activity and trends to identify continuous process improvement and operational efficiencies.
- ComplianceSOPs, Documentation and Audit
- Develop drafts of written procedures and training guides for product classification and export order management processes within guidelines provided by Sr. associates.
- Maintain SOPs, process flows and FAQs for internal export control programs and procedures within guidelines provided by Sr. associates.
- Provide support and conduct compliance audits as determined by Supervisor.
Key Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in any field of study
- 1-2 years business experience with trade compliance processes
- Relevant experience in HTS Classification and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN), preferred.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Intermediate level of proficiency of the MS office Suite, with strength in MS Excel functions
- Detail oriented with the demonstrated organizational skills to multi-task while not sacrificing accuracy.
- Ability to take the initiative to bring assigned tasks to a successful completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, positive and hardworking team player