Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting is recruiting on behalf of a global company setting up a digital lending business in Bangkok. The company has been providing both innovative financial services across the globe for over 20 years
The position will be responsible for overall setting up the digital lending business in Thailand and execution of business plan and strategic concept in partnership with a leading ecosystem in Thailand.
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the Company's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Leading the development and implementation of the Company's overall strategy.
- Soliciting advice, guidance and direction from the Board of Directors
- Formulating, implementing and overseeing the business plan that guides the direction of the Company.
- Creating and managing the right culture, shared attitudes, values, goals and behaviours for a conducive employee environment
- Growing and leading the team within the business including overseeing career development / progression and organizational structure
- Evaluating the success of the Company in reaching its goals
- Evaluating potential acquisitions or the sale of the Company under circumstances that will enhance shareholder value.
- Representing the Company for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level.
- Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the MD's leadership skills, the Company's reputation, and the Company's potential for success.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to ensure continued alignment with other functional teams and engage with key stakeholders
- Relevant Masters' qualification or MBA
- Extensive relevant professional experience in a global banking or finance organisation (potentially in a General Manager capacity or similar) with exposure to Europe and/or the US as well as Asia
- Experience in / deep knowledge of the Thailand market
- Willingness to wear "multiple hats" and be involved in all aspects of the organisation, especially during the high growth phase
- Flexible approach with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Sound Business strategy skills and commercial acumen and data-driven approach and ability to execute at an operational level
- Strong communication skills - including English and other relevant languages for the region